I'm looking for a /ES mentor -and i'll give you half my profits for 2yrs.

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by djporter91, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Sorry, as I mentioned to someone else in an e-mail, this is not the system I use to get 85% win rate. I use my own system.

If you think he should be learning from a live person then why don't u teach him. If not I have offered a system that he does not have to pay for. I do know some traders who use it successfully.

#121     Aug 1, 2020
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I do not coach nor mentor...reason why I'm not interested. Actually, it never crossed my mind until you just mention it. Yet, his offer is just not good enough to lure someone out of their bubble during a Pandemic for in person coaching in his home wherever that may be if that person wanted to coach him.
    • One would be crazy to coach someone in person during a Pandemic unless they're from California, Texas or Florida and socially irresponsible.
    Lets pretend it was not a Pandemic...the offer is still not good enough as the reasons were noted by others. The primary reason was the lost income for the coach. Some examples were posted in this thread about how that happens.
    • Further, not possible to coach someone for a few weeks into being a profitable trader....I think he said for a few weeks.
    He's best to just wait it out until the world is out of this Pandemic crisis. Until then, he can start a trade journal here at ET. Talk about his trading (small position size only) including posting verification of his own trades so that others can see that he's serious...

A few have / are doing such in the trade journal section although they seem to be lone rangers (not asking for help).
    Yet, I don't think there's any trade journals here over 2 years old with 2 years of verification of trade performance documentation...he did mention he's looking for 2 years worth of statements.

Also, I see at least one of these threads every month here at ET. Traders asking for help but they don't realize a good coach / mentor may do it for free if the trader is able to verified their struggles in trading to prove that they need help and willing to do the work...
    • Most not willing to do that.
    Those people should just read a book or thread by someone sharing their trade method even if its someone like JH...leave it at that.

P.S. In person means the person is alive...sitting side by side...student / coach.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    #122     Aug 1, 2020
  3. Dear djporter91, let me give you an analogy with the music field, since I am a musician myself:

Your aim at making 5% per day on average, day-tarding the ES futures - imagine this for a while: after a musical performance of yours, most of the audience leaves stunned, half of them tears in their eyes, several lives changed forever. Is it possible to reach that level with music? Sure. Can YOU reach that level of performance? May be. Can you sustain it on a regular basis? If not, why? Do you know what it takes to get there? The same applies to trading.

As a young, green, aspiring musician, this was roughly my aim. The same when I was drawn to trading. With time and experience, we tend to set lesser targets.

About teachers: you'd better have one. The role of a teacher is to show you the way and save you time. You must put the efforts though. And be ready to pay the price. Don't trust teachers that view teaching as a business (the same applies to musicians/politicians). And remember - first comes the student and if lucky, someone will take the teacher's role. In a sense, the student creates the teacher, not the other way аround.

good luck!

#123     Aug 8, 2020
    ffs1001 likes this.
  4. volpri

volpri

Traders fear trading ranges as they get all excited when price moves to the top of the range and they bet on a BO succeeding. Or they short at the bottom of a range betting a BO will succeed there. When 80% of BO attempts top or bottom fail and within 5 bars or so, price heads back towards the range and price trades to the other side of the range, or to the middle of the range.

Your chart for me is simply trading a larger range PA and afterwards trading a smaller range PA that is within the larger range. And it offers trading a tight bull channel too. And there was a range prior to the larger blue box range. Traders see these big bull bars or bear bars racing to the top or the bottom of the range and almost invariably take the wrong side and get trapped. Generally, (there are exceptions) before I would trade a BO of a range I want to see price show me IT IS a successful BO. Not that it just broke out of the top or bottom. Until then I generally fade the outer limits of the range.

Like you said traders need to think in terms of equilibrium. Ranges form because bullish and bearish institutions think that area is fair value and they are about equal in the pressures they exert on the markets. Eventually one side will exert more pressure and we see a successful BO.

I distinguish between range behavior and an established range. There are 1 bar range behavior that can be a PB before continuation of the previous trend. I like to see 20 bars of sideway range behavior and then I employ range trading tactics. Occasionally, I will employ them around 15 bars of sideways movement.

The same basic pressures are present in channels. Why? Because channels, bull or bear, are simply tilted ranges. However, the percentage changes a little from 80% to 70%. And a trader has to factor in that bull channels are bear flags on a larger timeframe and the eventual successful BO will likely be south (notice the word likely.....) if the successful BO of a bull channel is north then I want to be long and look for a measured move. Because that is the least likely event and when that takes place I want to go with it. Bear channels are bull flags on a higher TF and the likely successful BO will be north as the trend on the higher TF continues. However, if the successful BO of a bear channel is south then I am going short for a measured move south. That again, is the least likely event taking place.

Successful BO has to be defined. By that I mean a BO with FT (follow through). 80% of BO attempt of ranges top or bottom fail and become traps trapping traders on the wrong side. 70% of BO attempts of channels are traps trapping traders in long or short.

One more concept that should be considered is market inertia. Equilibrium in channels and ranges tell us bears and bulls agree, to some degree. More so, in slightly sloped broad channels. In steeply sloped tight channels one side is obviously stronger. But in slightly sloped channels and sideways ranges equilibrium is in play, and so is inertia, which says the market tends to keep doing what it is doing until something changes and one side or the other exerts more pressure, i.e. enough to cause a BO to be a successful one.

Range within a range below on your chart. Yellow range box on the right side. It also has a tight channel racing from the bottom left hand corner of the blue range box to the top of the blue box where your green arrow is at. That tight bull channel was obviously successful BO, i.e. one with FT of the yellow range box to the left of the blue box. The tight bull channel was basically a 2 legged move up to the top. So, if a trader waited to see the BO of the yellow range he would likely only capture the second leg of the tight bull channel. There are ways to better one’s entry and capture more BEFORE the successful BO occurs but this is enough to digest right now.

8973426E-3969-40A3-8C9C-4F891E6C3F0B.jpeg

#124     Aug 8, 2020
  5. %%
    OK;
    I have a much better idea; give me 20% of your investment profits off SPY+ QQQ + 10% of the dividends you get.
    IF you cant collect dividends /what makes you think you can fly with derivatives??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Get with it/starting now. 2 years is fine.Best to invest every month or quarter; to get dividends.When you get tired of leveraging ignorance + many of us made that mistake/contact me for my mailing address for ''our'' dividend check...…………….
    Good question but wrong way to learn /leveraging ignorance.
    SPY/QQQ has long term averaged 15% or more

#125     Aug 12, 2020
  6. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

OP, this is the wrong business for you. Your offer exposes your attitude toward problem solving - let someone else do it and I'll copy. Nothing in life works that way. Someone asked me once which were the best books to learn theoretical physics. I told the person "Dump the books. Pick a problem in physics and work it out yourself. Get out your pencil and notebook and go to work. Then reverse engineer it. Then do it all over again. Research everything. Once you UNDERSTAND the problem, then you can consult the books. Read everything. Know everything". It's like the nuns used to say in the French school I went to: When asked the question "Sister, what do we need to know to do well on the test?" Sister replied: "Know everything and you'll do just fine".

A real learner is a person who essentially teaches themselves. A successful system could be developed around two moving averages - IF you're willing to work to solve the problem.

You're looking for a mentor who's a crystal ball operator. There ain't none (that I know of). Either you get up a 4 am and work your ass off all day, every day, 7 days a week, until you get it - or you fail. And fail you will. I don't need a crystal ball for that one. Sorry - but it's the truth.

#126     Aug 17, 2020
  7. ironchef

ironchef

If you jump right into a problem, how do you solve it without any basic understanding of physics and the laws governing physics?

If I want to solve a problem on small black hole formation, don't I need to first read books on general relativity and cosmology?

#127     Aug 20, 2020
  8. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

No. Because the question suggests that you already know the basic physics and mathematics. What you would do is research the literature for similar and related topics to black hole formation. Then frame your question about small black hole formation and start reviewing the data. There might be a few books out there like Leonard Susskind's book "The Black Hole War". But essentially, the person would be doing research, not learning basic skills.

If you asked the question: "How are black holes formed" - that suggests that you don't know much physics or mathematics and should probably start at ground zero - and yes, you would use books to learn the basics.
    Solving problems means you have some knowledge of the subject.

The OP is already trading - and losing money. If the OP had any sense, he/she would map out all the bad trades, reverse engineer them and figure out why they all went bad. Once the OP identifies the problem, then he/she can start figuring out how to fix it. A good mentor would tell the OP to do exactly the same thing.

However, the OP wants the mentor to figure out his/her problem and fix it for him/her. A good mentor would drop the OP like a hot potato. He/she is a loser.

#128     Aug 20, 2020
    deaddog likes this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

That's the purpose for a trade journal via a professional trade journal software. A trader can get the quantitative statistical analysis along with the individuality of the trade performance.

Essentially, the OP can post a trade journal here @ Elitetrader.com to see what others say or recommend. This way he/she can self-coach without trying to hookup with a trading coach. Further, it may lead to the trader meeting with a trading coach.

A trading coach should not work with anyone that's not able or unwilling to produce a trade journal. Seriously, how can someone be helped if the trading coach doesn't know what problems that trader has in the trade performance outside a PnL number.

wrbtrader

#129     Aug 22, 2020
    deaddog and ZTrader888 like this.
  10. %%
    I hope i'm wrong but I dont think he will ever be a trader/investor??
    Trading is like real estate; the worst way to do it is leverage up ignorance[Know not much of anything+ leverage that======= any will do the worst]
    Leverage is fun when you are right;
    leverage=a real killer when ignorant/by the way we ALL started out ignorant.
    Dont know much French/except..........merci. Not sure moving averages will help him in ES;it could.

#130     Aug 26, 2020