I'm Looking For A Certain Software.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bgp, Nov 17, 2009.

1. bgp

bgp

thanks,
    bp

#11     Nov 20, 2009
  2. Oh boy, I recall trying to program something like this in VB years ago. The problem is what you mean by pattern and how do you describe it in the code so you can go ahead and find its match. I don't think there is such thing as "same pattern" in a general sense. You will need to specify in advance what classifies patterns as "same". At the end of the day you will probably end up with a statistical measure on top of another statistical measure, which is the pattern profitability. Think about it, if your pattern is 65% profitable on a finite sample but is matched only to maybe 50% then the long term expected profitability will drop to around 33%.

#12     Nov 21, 2009
  3. bgp

bgp

my idea was to highlight the pattern, then be able to scan for that same pattern and not just the basic patterns but any pattern that i am looking for.

thanks,
    bp

#13     Nov 21, 2009
  4. Enough SPAM Douche Bag!

#14     Nov 21, 2009
  5. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

You may want to checkout

Trade-Ideas or
    Madscan

Furthermore, once you create a good signal, you can execute them through Cyborg.

#15     Nov 21, 2009
  6. bgp

bgp

I'LL check it out .
    thanks,
    bp

#16     Nov 21, 2009
  7. #17     Nov 21, 2009
  8. Is Metatrader any good? Is my understanding that it is limited to forex correct?

#18     Nov 21, 2009
  9. +1

#19     Nov 21, 2009
  10. there are some 'Russian' and Cyprus mt4 brokers who also offer a full list of futures
    contracts cfds, and some stocks at high commissions but mt4 is used be a lot of
    people to chart price, for instance i use mt4 to analyze the eurusd while trading the 6E
    the site i posted lists fx broker providing the indicator for free for account holders, they
    also offer a 14 day trial - alpari uk - so trial it and purchase it if it works for you then send
    me a copy :)

#20     Nov 22, 2009