im long some RIMM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by cashmoney69, Jan 15, 2009.

1. stts

stts

Hey, about Nokia. Im going to watch my short on this or even go long for a quickie. No news but something seems to have woken it up a bit. Could be just MM action but a little up stampede could be in the works with the up futures.

#21     Jan 28, 2009
  2. #22     Jan 29, 2009
  3. #23     Jan 29, 2009
  4. stts

stts

Oh yea, he's right. There is just too much excitement over this stock so you cant tell when a safe short is and how far down it will go. Shorts from $56 would have been nice but its a crazy bet right now. As soon as the market turns, (in an hour?) everybody and their mother is going to pile in. Plenty of other good shorts as the man said. Pull backs are simply long opportunities till at least earnings. I will be leaving a small piece in because we could be looking at a $100 stock here right before earnings with the Tarp and stimulus very close by. Keep that in mind when you short.

#24     Jan 29, 2009
  5. may the best man win :p

#25     Jan 29, 2009
  6. BlackBerry Storm costs $4 more than price to build

#26     Jan 29, 2009
  7. Research in Motion (RIMM) and France Telecom's (FTE) Orange are forming a partnership for the BlackBerry device in an attempt to move younger customers away from Apple's (AAPL) iPhone. While BlackBerries had been available only on a monthly contract, customers will now have a pay-as-you-go option. Pay-as-you-go customers make up about two-thirds of the market in the UK

#27     Jan 29, 2009
  8. Where did you get this information? Seems fairly ridiculous for RIMM to produce a brand new product at more than it can sell it for...

#28     Jan 29, 2009
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Younger customers????

I love how RIMM is now trying to create a device for the teeny bopper, AAPL already owns this market, I just cannot see RIMM stepping in with any kind of device that is going to overtake the Iphone at this time. I have heard constant chatter about how the next Iphone killer was coming to the market and in the past 2 years nothing has come close, I own the Iphone and have owned other smartphones in the past, the iphone has a huge advantage due to the APP store, that alone has the competitors beat.

#29     Jan 29, 2009
  10. Battery life (significantly longer lasting on the Blackberry) is one of the most important things in my mind, not the ability to purchase apps (which you can do for the Blackberry as well btw). I think the main point is RIMM will have an easier time penetrating the consumer market than AAPL will have penetrating the business market.

#30     Jan 29, 2009