Im long 50 contracts ES at 870 - bull market is back

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Port1385, Apr 17, 2009.

1. damn, I loaded up on some FAZ calls today after reading your other post, didn`t work out so well today, and then bang you switched teams.......I need a direct line to your thinking........seriously...I finally broke down and bought some FAZ may calls for 20 strike, just a gamble though for sure, XLF and financials could be going much higher, or boom some well timed bad news about commercial reality bankruptcies, unemployment goes higher, or somebody big declares BK, or the stress tests reveal some interesting things about Citi, I would just like to know which way GS is trading, as they made a whole bunch of money pushing down financials in Jan/Feb.....now that they got there new offering done...who knows......I do know where the top is and that is 915 on the s&p `s.....but beyond that who knows....as these earnings were not that good.....but it seemed that the big traders just wanted to move this market and rally higher.....reminds me of the painting the tape in November/December....right before the January implosion.....so it all depends what the big guys want to do here!

#11     Apr 17, 2009
  2. They certainly "painted" a freakin' Picasso with the OIH this week . . . +10% even though crude was actually down for the week.:eek:

#12     Apr 17, 2009
  3. gkishot

gkishot

It's all on bloomberg.com. When it comes to trading tips it's almost as good as ET.

#13     Apr 17, 2009
  4. #14     Apr 17, 2009
  5. #15     Apr 17, 2009
  6. sogodo

sogodo

Port1385 wrote:

>New Post 04-17-09 10:31 PM
    > Longed 50 contracts ES at 870 and
    > holding over the weekend. Bull
    > market is back!

if you are a gambler by nature, and really hate the idea to visit some shrinks, why not using so called "lottery tickets" -- OTM options for this particular purpose? at least your losses could be much more controllable, and you get your portion of excitment, after all... :) if it is what you really want (you may not know for sure, but it's evident).

the worst case scenario for you gonna be if you really right and won -- it creates and groove the very dangerous feedback/habit inside you and boosts huge desire to repeat the similar experiment(s) again and again in similar (or any other) circumstances in the future. the result is very predictable, becuase, statistically speaking, you don't have any advantage in the long run (and it does not matter what the market/setup/situation are). it is much better to be humble, not trying to be right with the market all the time, and make money using some basic principles of money management

even very big account size is not enough sometimes as a protection against drawdowns/margin calls,

because --

the smallest virus is able to kill very big giant...

#16     Apr 17, 2009
  7. Just kidding dudez and gents. I didnt long the 50 contracts.;)

Look at my chart. This should be self explanatory...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#17     Apr 18, 2009
  8. gkishot

gkishot

Wow, I've breathed a sigh of relief.

#18     Apr 18, 2009
  9. I just wanted to see everyone's reaction and make this post come back to the top when price fails on Monday.

Here is my master chart which might be helpful...

Purple line connects 1974 and 1982. This purple line is my ultimate target.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#19     Apr 19, 2009
  10. What the fuck are you babbling bout?

#20     Apr 19, 2009