im leaving my fund as trader, tax,account type q's

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by prjctdork, May 29, 2012.

  1. I work for a fund as a trader and have officially given my resignation letter. I would like to open my own home trading account and quit working for the man :). Since i never had to go through the process, my questions is in regards to the type of account do i open so im taxed as sole source of income and primary job. My accountant so far advised me to open a corporation but how would i go about setting up the retail brokerage account under the corp and I'm not taxed like a regular retail investor but as business?

    My deepest apologies for the grammatical errors (cellphone)

    (Not an aspiring hedge fund manager)

    Thank You
  2. You select corporation instead of individual in the dropdown list.
  3. And that would cover the taxing issue?