I'm Home MaMa

Discussion in 'Trading' started by super_ego, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bono

Bono

Hi there,

I just logged on to ET for the first time in a couple of days, only to find this impressive thread ... super_ego, so far, I like what you've been saying ... I won't be sarcastic like some ... well, not until you deserve it ... actually, your approach is quite simple and easy, and so far makes sense to me ...

BUT, just out of curiosity ... don't u think that others could be using different, yet profitable tools too ? Why does it sound like everybody else is wrong, and you're the ONLY one with the ONLY profitable tool(s) ? *just wondering*

#51     Jul 6, 2002
  2. Bono

Bono

easyrider,

http://www.bigcharts.com

I had the same problem, but it's possible at bigcharts ...

Edit : use the java option, I think it's the only one capable of doing that

#52     Jul 6, 2002
  3. easyrider..

my charts dont go back that far intraday too.. but if u look at the gap up on 07/05.. it reacts the same way super_ego describes on 6/5...

if i am wrong SE.. please correct me..

TraderX64

#53     Jul 6, 2002
  4. Bono

Bono

Easyrider,

Go to bigcharts.com, then type nasdaq into the top box and click on "java chart" ....

Then from the left menu, under chart options, you'll see 2 menus, the first sets history ... the second sets time frame ...

#54     Jul 6, 2002

5. yup.. i think ur right.. ( by looking at 6/5 daily)

TraderX64

#55     Jul 6, 2002
  6. Bsulli

Bsulli

I stand by my comment and if they were alive they would probably taken you out to the woodshed and whipped your tail for the piss poor conduct you've shown to most of the threads you've been on here at ET and the way you swung your axe at the paying sponsors and others right out of the gate at this website. I don't have a problem with your inparting knowledge, wisdom or general BS as long as you walk the walk your talking.

Since your willing to lead people down this road your supplied audited trading transactions would here clear up for the newbie's who are at greatest risk of suffering if this great advice were somehow to be wrong. Now we all know from your comments that at couldn't possibly happen because everyone else is wrong and your the only right one in the market.

Pride goes before a fall. Everytime without fail!

Bsulli

#56     Jul 6, 2002
  7. Bono

Bono

Easyrider,

oooops .... really sorry about that ... I thought you meant 7/5 ... well yes the maximum for intraday charts is 10 days ... sorry once again ...

#57     Jul 6, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

I saw this thread developing, and thought I would take a pass on it. Maybe peek in and see what it was about, but not respond. After all, last week I started a thread "Successful Trading" and I also made claims that I would reveal my "secrets to success" or whatever. So I had my day in the sun, and figured I said my piece, now it was this guys turn.

But now I feel compelled to respond. This "super-ego" guy is wasting everyone's time. He says he will reveal his methods, but keeps it coming at an intolerably slow pace. He has directly been nasty and abusive to people that he disagrees with, or more likely is envious of. He promises to help traders with "pathetic little brains" He elevates himself to some godlike level and puts down people he knows nothing about. He is abusive and arrogant.

Now I suppose I could be called arrogant as well. I too promised to help other traders. However I did not in any instance feel the need to build myself up by tearing down anyone. Also, I never said (other than in obvious jest) that I knew anything that anyone here could not figure out for themselves over time. I just thought I would point out some of what occured to me after having PAID THE PRICE of being wrong for so long about some essential parts of trading. I never claimed to have any more intelligence than anyone else. My pathetic little brain is just that...like all of us except for "super-ego".

Most improtantly, I think that anyone that claims to have a secret to successful trading based on any trick of technical analysis is a complete fraud and a fool (at best). There is clearly no such magic. If any of you reading this read what I had to say in the "successful trading" thread, you will recall that I never said that there was a "right way to trade" as far as mechanics. I explicitly pointed out that there were many styles of trading and that some were suitable for some traders, while others were not. I said that each trader had to find out what they were comfortable with, and what worked, and what did not. And to emphasize their strengths and try to identify and work on eliminating weaknesses or turn their weaknesses into something that could be used in some positive way...even if it is just to know what they should NOT be doing.

Barry Bonds is a great hitter. Hits for power and for average. But his style, approach and strengths are not remotely similar to those of say Todd Helton. Or Rod Carew. Or the late (sadly) Ted Williams. They are (were) all great hitters, but all with their own unique approaches. They had some things in common however. They were and are all very disciplined, and they also all listened to their coaches. Tiger Woods takes lessons from Butch Harmon. Why? Who is the better golfer? Obviously it is about having an objective person point out faults and strengths, and help to build on the good and diminish the or eliminate the bad...or help to evolve the "bad" into something good. It just takes that objective look somtimes.

When I talked about revealing my "secrets", they turned out to be about mind-set and emotional approach to trading. I wouldn't be so presumtuous as to think I could explain a METHOD that would work for everyone. Because there is NO SUCH THING!

I think that anyone who says "trade using tool X" is a dangerous person to listen to. First of all, any chart or other technical tool can be interpreted in almost an unlimited number of ways. Lundy said "this is the bottom"...right or wrong (and obviously it remains to be seen), he got every imaginable argument by those that saw the very same things he was looking at in a different light. At the risk of repeating myself, if there were a sure-fire way to make consistent profits using strictly technicals, I for one would not have a job. I would be replaced by a computer. But since I can think, act on HUMAN traits such as instinct and reasoning, I don't worry about being replaced by a machine. IBM finally beat a chess master with a computer. It took years and years of refinement and human input to the software to accomplish this. And the hardware....well imagine how many moves ahead that super computer can consider. And still, I doubt that if Bobby Fisher were still in his prime that the machine would stand any chance at all.

But, I digress! I have gotten carried away. It just annoys me so to hear someone spout off about their superiour abilities, and not only be evasive about what their "secret" is....and what little he said is not original at all....but to be condescending, abusive and self promoting.

I know that I had some fun in hyping up what I was about to say as some kind of "super secret" also. But I think anyone that read my posts knows that the nature of the hype was in good natured fun, and that my advice was meant to actually point out useful things I had learned in many years of experience. And to make those things as generally applicable to both experienced and inexperienced traders alike. I made an effort to even be somewhat self deprecating in order to keep the tone both inoffensive and informative while trying at the same time to be helpful without demanding affirmation for my altruism...unlike the great "super-ego". Also, I gave credit to others for what I learned. I never said that any of what I knew originated with me. I quoted, I paraphrased, and I used examples. I maintained throughout that trading is a learned thing and learning takes time, effort and desire.

Now I find myself defending myself. Comparing myself favorably to this guy. This is just what I did not want to do. I knew that this was the danger in even attempting to respond here. But sometimes, you just have to say "screw it"! And call things as you see them. I see this "super_ego" character as a pompous and self indulgent blowhard who's only purpose was to promote himself for whatever his cravings and shortcomings his problems in self worth and esteem seem to need, and to help his insecurity issues not only by singling out and naming individuals which is a horrible thing in the first place, but to add to the absurdity of it all by trying to collectively insult us all.....by being so magnanamous as to enlightening our "pathetic little brains".....
    And by his godlike "I a-m h-e-r-e t-o h-e-l-p y-o-u f-o-r F-R-E-E! (i hope you all understand that)."
    We are not worthy oh wonderful and holy "super_ego".

Give Me a Break!!!!!!

#58     Jul 7, 2002
  9. It's amazing how soo many people can be captivated by someone claiming supremacy, talking the talk and monday morning quarterbacking previous patterns.

#59     Jul 7, 2002
  10. on this thread and I must say that 'Super_blabber_mouth_with_an_even_bigger_ego' has not said one thing I did not know before I started to read this entertaining thread.

I hope that after all this hoopla you have something meaningful to say...

CT

:cool:

#60     Jul 7, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.