I'm Home MaMa

Discussion in 'Trading' started by super_ego, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short 1000 QQQ at 40.

#11     Jul 6, 2002
  2. Brother Super_TraderX_Ego,

Let's have some fun on this board,

Fraternally yours,
    Candle

#12     Jul 6, 2002
  3. SuperEgo Quiz:

If a stock is bid 5.38 by 6.22 at what price will you (try to) enter the market?

None. It's a piece of crap, illiquid small stock that's not worth my time. However, if a gun was pointed at my head I'd buy on the bid during a pullback.

Do you know what forces drive the market? (don't say supply and demand, please!)

Fear and greed.

Do you know the difference between a mathematical indicator and a data-compiled indicator?

They CAN be one and the same depending on several factors. Generally though, a data-compiled indicator is usually one that was developed by backtesting with historical data. A mathematical indicator is not derived that way.

How many times per day do you get SCARED to take a position? (be truthful)

I'm never "scared" to take a position. I will back down many times a day because I think the risk/reward is not favorable.

How many times per day do you fight the daily trend?

I TRY not to fight it, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

What was your last trade?

Long 2000 SPY in the mid-afternoon of July 3. Sold them for about 40 cents profit.

Did I pass the quiz?

#13     Jul 6, 2002
  4. 1. feel like I'm being approached by a timeshare huckster in Ft. Lauderdale knowing I'm going to get screwed but the free meal is too enticing so I bite. So in this case I'll take the offer if the trend is up, and short the bid if trend is down; then feel like sh_t right away.
    2. profit motive-I'm in it to make money so I have to believe everyone else is. But I realize Wall ST is Madison Ave-one big selling machine.
    3. Data-compiled is appropriate only to the medium being studied and tracks its movement; whereas a mathematical formula is universal and can be applied across many disciplines.

4. never scared, always concerned I might be forced to partake in the early-bird specials here in FL if I lose money.
    5. once; if my first pos is under water I go other way and continue to press it until that pos fails etc.
    6.Mark Anthony said I didn't believe it, but I could feel it. Yest was a trend day so I let my pos from prev days run and closed some at eod, however tip toed around by buying/selling MSFT twice during day for minor profits compared to id move. cela vie.
    :cool: Visions of babes running through my head keeps me real!!

#14     Jul 6, 2002
  5. so, what are the mistakes everyone is making?

although i am skeptical, this should be an interesting thread. i applaud your willingness to teach, if indeed you are for real.

#15     Jul 6, 2002
  6. i have this feeling we will see more of him very soon:D

#16     Jul 6, 2002
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

If you have that feeling, then I definitely have the same feeling.

Rock on.... :cool:

#17     Jul 6, 2002
  8. The "market" does not count on anything. It does not know that you or anyone else exists, and it does not care.

Elvis

#18     Jul 6, 2002
  9. Without posting complex answers. How do you spot a trend?

Please don't make this complex. I will tell you how I spot a trend. With simple moving averages. That is it. Simple. To the point. Done.

next...

super_ego

#19     Jul 6, 2002
  10. I am glad to see that you are up and running and using these boards to get a good laugh. Here is a good laugh for you, you make no money! Isn't that funny. I read on these very boards that, "the average trader makes less money than a McDonald's employee." Whoever said that was right.

So that would explain the jokes that reference the fast food atmosphere. Cause when your money is gone (taxes, girlfriend/wife, bad trades, etc.).....IT IS GONE. I have been there and I know. If you don't know how to come back from that situation, you become really screwed.

Welcome my japanese friend, nkhoi.

super_ego

#20     Jul 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.