I'm Home MaMa

Discussion in 'Trading' started by super_ego, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In my newfound quest for popularity, and the lack of success of so-so many traders-traders, I, SuperEgo, in the coming weeks and months, will be educating YOU, the trader, on the NEW and changing market.

Consider yourself extremely lucky, as in the next few months you and I are going to take a journey into the profitable extremities of the Nasdaq/NYSE stock markets.

I will be teaching you how to trade. Plain and simple. I will be giving away some of the SECRETS that very few pros use. In doing so, I will hope to relinquish the duties of those that I have learned from (who wasted my time and probably your's, too). I do not wish to slander anyone, but this list includes the likings of Oliver Valez, Allen Farley, David Nassar, Jae Yu, Greg Capra, William O'neal (and his worthless newspaper: Investor's Business Daily), William's protege Tony (I don't want to mention my last name) Oz, and a little guy by the name of Harvey "soesmeister" Houtkin. The list includes Active Trader Magazine, and Stocks and Commodities Magazine. IN MY OPINION, the latter are a WASTE OF TIME.

I have learned NOTHING from these so called "gurus" and neither will you. So, in order to get started here I ask you to THROW AWAY any memories you have of the aforementioned and REV UP YOUR PLATFORMS, cause you, my friend, are going to LEARN HOW TO TRADE!

super_ego

2. Fitz

Fitz

This is going to be an entertaining thread.

:p

Carry On

3. I am a very profitable trader trading from Hawaii. I started out trading with Prudential Securities as a Market Maker and moved on to trade with the mammoth grand-daddy-looter of the securities markets, Goldman Sachs. I have a BS in Bio-Physics, an MBA, and a PhD in Economics. I am 42 years old. I have traded for 10+ years and I was around before all the loop-D-loops.

And yes, I do make gramatikkle errors now and then.

super_ego

4. To save space, in your brain and on the boards, PLEASE (i am very genuine when I say this) refrain from heckle/jeckle type cynicism. I know that some of you are wasting daddy's money trading from some prop-shop-wanna-be so that you can feel like society's brainchild, but let me tell you something: YOUR DADDY JUST GOT LUCKY because you are going to be making his money grow.
    super_ego

5. I will need to know where everyone stands on the market todempole. So take this rediculous little quiz.

If a stock is bid 5.38 by 6.22 at what price will you (try to) enter the market?

Do you know what forces drive the market? (don't say supply and demand, please!)

Do you know the difference between a mathematical indicator and a data-compiled indicator?

How many times per day do you get SCARED to take a position? (be truthful)

How many times per day do you fight the daily trend?

Help yourself and be truthful in answering these questions and I promise you that you will get more out of my knowlege than you have ever received from any money grubbing guru!

PEOPLE....I AM A FREE SERVICE AND I WANT TO SEE MORE TRADERS SUCCEED. I ASK NOTHING IN RETURN FOR MY SERVICES OTHER THAN YOUR WILL TO BE A SUCCESSFUL TRADER.

super_ego

6. ok i'm game..

1. don't know.. not enough info (for me anyway)
    2. fear and greed (aka:sup and dem)
    3. not really
    4. 2-3 times
    5. at least once

traderx64 :confused:

7. what was the last trade that you made (size of postion, name of stock, price of entry/exit) and WHY did you enter it?

Very important, since I will be showing you all that EVERYONE is making the same mistakes and that is what the market is counting on!

SE

8. alanm

alanm

I'm entertained already. And anticipatory.

If a stock is bid 5.38 by 6.22 at what price will you (try to) enter the market?
    Pass (no entry). That's not a market - it's a killing field.

Do you know what forces drive the market? (don't say supply and demand, please!)
    Fear, greed.

Do you know the difference between a mathematical indicator and a data-compiled indicator?
    Not without definitions.

How many times per day do you get SCARED to take a position? (be truthful)
    Pretty much any discretionary position. Really. I suck it up and take more winners than losers ($ and number), though.

How many times per day do you fight the daily trend?
    Almost all my trades, but that's what I do - arb/MM.

what was the last trade that you made (size of postion, name of stock, price of entry/exit) and WHY did you enter it?
    Short 9x (900 shares) CLS @ 19.96, pre-market. I got my 1x offer taken, and then decided to hit the taker for 8x more. It was bid up too high (compared to the sector, for no good reason), and there looked to be supply on OpenBook. Covered at the open for 19.35 (!). I could have done another 10-20x later, but that was beyond what my gut said my risk vs. confidence justified.

So, enlighten us o oracle of trading.

9. last trade

short 300 shares jdas (only got filled 300) entry 16.92 off 62% retracement bounce. Exit 15.81.. seemed to stall at 32% fib..

traderx64 :cool:

10. near open bot 2000 KLAC @ 44 (cuz the tickers were like, all green man!); 30 minutes later short 4000 NVDA @ 18.60 (for staggered pair)

covered NVDA 18.73 (ascending triangle break, and like, market wouldn't go down), sld KLAC @ 45.85 (eod, trailing stops never hit).

#10     Jul 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.