I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Dec 27, 2017.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016

[​IMG]

So, imagine everyone’s surprise when he showed up at the golf courseto hit the links with PGA Tour golfer Bryson DeChambau, former PGA player Dana Quigley and Sen. David Perdue.

OK. Day after Christmas, filled to the gills with tryptophan and he golfed, no big deal. There was a senator present, after all, so maybe they talked about, uh, something or another? That’s sort of like work.

Guess what? According to press reports, the president just showed up today at another one of his golf courses to, yeah, once again attempt to hit a very small ball into a very small hole. That’s two days in a row after so enthusiastically exclaiming it was time to get back to work.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

✔@NBCNews

President Trump has arrived at his south Florida golf club again this morning, marking his 86th day at a Trump golf property, and his 112th day at a Trump property since taking office. http://nbcnews.to/2lieo7v

According to an NBC report, this is the 86th day he has spent golfing in just under a year in office. Again, it’s very possible he’s on the phone, wheeling and dealing, as he carts around the golf course, but remember, this is the man who repeatedly lampooned Barack Obamafor golfing and said he would not “have the time” to golf if elected, also saying he would “just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off.”

https://www.mediaite.com/uncategori...cond-day-in-row-following-back-to-work-tweet/

2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Eisenhower was considered one of our most effective Presidents. Eisenhower played golf much more than Trump when in office...

Golfer in Chief... Dwight D. Eisenhower
    http://golfweek.com/2009/11/02/dwight-d-eisenhower-golf-white-house/

As our golfer in chief, President Dwight D. Eisenhower brought golf to the White House lawn and played nearly 800 rounds while in office. Not since Mary Queen of Scots has a head of state done so much to popularize the game. Fred Corcoran, the legendary golf promoter, once said Eisenhower’s devotion to golf was “the greatest thing that ever happened to the game.”

For being the game’s unofficial ambassador, Eisenhower was selected for induction to the World Golf Hall of Fame in the Lifetime Achievement Category. In a word, Eisenhower inspired. Together with Arnold Palmer, their charisma changed how Americans viewed golf and sparked the nation’s interest in the sport. Don Van Natta Jr., author of “First Off the Tee,” wrote that when Eisenhower assumed office in 1953, an estimated 3.2 million Americans played golf; by 1961, that number had doubled.

“Whatever remained to be done to remove the last traces of the average man’s carefully nurtured prejudice against a game originally linked with the wealthy and aloof was done by President Eisenhower,” historian Herbert Warren Wind, a Hall of Fame member, wrote.

“Probably few men in the long history of the game have ever been bitten by the golf bug as badly as the president.”

In 1925, Eisenhower played his first round while attending the Army’s Command and General Staff School at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. He had a putting green installed on the White House grounds. Near the end of most days, Eisenhower slipped on his golf spikes, grabbed his putter, wedge and 8-iron and marched to the South Lawn, cleats clacking.

Golfers could identify with Ike, “a congenital slicer” with an adequate short game and an unreliable putter.

Like a regular duffer, Ike loved the game no matter how badly he played and sneaked in a round whenever possible. He drew the line, however, when asked to divulge his score.

“If I don’t improve,” Eisenhower once said, “I’m going to pass a law that no one can ask me my golf score.”

The president’s preoccupation with the game became a national punch line. Democrats joked that Eisenhower put in a 36-hole workweek. That often was true. He played Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings at Burning Tree Country Club.

Of Eisenhower’s several course associations, he is most closely connected to Augusta National Golf Club. Eisenhower was a member there for 21 years and visited 29 times in his two terms, playing 210 rounds, according to presidential records.

With a handicap ranging between 14 and 18, Eisenhower broke 80 four times at Augusta in eight years. He might’ve achieved the feat more often if not for a loblolly pine tree located left-center of the 17th fairway, which gave him fits. At a meeting of the club’s governors, Eisenhower proposed chopping it down.

“I quickly adjourned the meeting to prevent a mutiny in the club’s ranks,” said the late Clifford Roberts, Augusta’s co-founder.

The Eisenhower Tree stands today.

Born Oct. 14, 1890 in Denison, Texas, Eisenhower was a soldier, politician and statesman. He graduated from West Point, rose to five-star general and commanded Allied Forces in Europe in World War II. Elected in 1952, Eisenhower served two terms as the 34th U.S. president.

After leaving office, Eisenhower was asked how life had changed since being president: “I don’t get as many short putts,” he answered.

Eisenhower died on March 28, 1969. Palmer, who had become a dear friend, will fete Eisenhower at the induction.

Said Palmer: “Other than my father, no man had a bigger impact on my life than President Dwight David Eisenhower . . . whose time with me I will always cherish.”

3. exGOPer

exGOPer

Key fact about that Republican - unlike your current Republican leader who makes expensive trips to move his fat ass.

And Eisenhower didn't promise he won't golf or blame his predecessor for golfing.

It's pathetic how you try to deflect when any faults are presented about your lying leader.

4. exGOPer

exGOPer

Before the 'fake news' lemmings show up

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Sounds like you just don't like Trump playing golf. Can't the President go out and get some recreation? Guess you are unable to actually criticize the results of his policies.

It is pathetic how you try to deflect when any of the positive impacts of his policies are presented; instead you align with your lying leftie MSM.

6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

That reminds me,didn't Trump promise a huge infrastructure project?

7. exGOPer

exGOPer

AGAIN, nobody would have given a shit about him golfing IF he didn't promise to NOT golf and attack Obama constantly for golfing.

It's pathetic how you can't keep on topic and keep using dumb deflections to excuse this turd from his lying and hypocrisy.

As for policy, the idiot who doesn't even know basic concepts (he thinks stock market gains wipes out national debt), what policy should I criticize him for? He has no interest in policy and never talks about anything in details other than slogans. I have already posted threads on his tax and environment policies but do tell how lefties can't keep on topic.

8. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Trump just didn't realize that he would be so efficient. He passed tax reform and killed Obamacare with one stone. That is efficient.

9. exGOPer

exGOPer

Again, not only this deflects away from the point but also ignores the fact that he kept completely away from tax cuts negotiations and the most he did was simply signing the bill.

Also Obamacare isn't dead and there was no 'reform' other than increased loopholes, slowly increasing taxes on the middle class that are temporary and a giant budget hole. That reminds me, whatever happened to the concern for deficits and debt?

You guys are such phonies.

Tony Stark likes this.
  10. exGOPer

exGOPer

Regarding this point, I want to ask another question.

He has been office 340+ days and has golfed 86+ times.

Is this what you call 'some' recreation? Which other job allow you to get so much recreation?

#10     Dec 27, 2017