I'm going out on a limb, but

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock_trad3r, Dec 5, 2008.

1. I actually like the message of the serenity prayer, and agree there's no point in getting pissed off about petty little things one lacks the power to change.

The thing about bad government, however, is that in a Democracy change for the better doesn't come from the individual- <i>It takes a village</i>, so to speak. Only in works of fiction can a lone hero like John Galt or 'V' single-handedly break the bonds of tyranny. In reality, the <i>will of the people</i> must first become collectively outraged at specific unjust gov't policies before any positive change can come about.

The AA culture of 'acceptance' and 'surrender' seems detrimental to the development of this often necessary collective outrage.

#21     Dec 7, 2008
  2. Wow you are truly a dumbass.

Change your perspective from your dumbass self to Osama.

If you or I or anyone was Osama would you actually be honest with how your enemies are conducting themselves or would you try and turn the people of America against Bush???

Congrats, you have been convinced by the leader of a major terrorist organization to hate your own president more than the terrorist himself.

Truly you have no objective reasoning whatsoever and you only display the total disgust of liberal logic.

#22     Dec 7, 2008
  3. Osama in his wildest dreams could not have hoped to bring america to its economic knees. with bushs help partially due to bush getting involved in an illegal war he was able to do it.

#23     Dec 8, 2008
  4. Acceptance and surrender to a higher power are in AA a spiritual thing, not really about anything in this world or the injustices that occur in the world.

I doubt sincerely that a man who lacks inner peace and inner freedom can individually or collectively bring peace and freedom to others.

The "courage to change the things I can" has many different meanings to many different people, and I am not trying to tell others how they should take it.

I personally don't see AA or NA as organizations that spread apathy. Their goal is to help the still suffering alcoholic or drug addict achieve a life of serenity on life's terms, so that they can rationally and soberly become a functional member of society.

Holding onto resentments individually or collectively doesn't do really do anyone any good, IMO.

Being sober may be the first step in making more intelligent decisions on who to vote for for many in our alcoholic and drug addicted society.

Looking back at folks who voted for Bush twice, it is hard to imagine they were in their right mind and sober in their judgment.

Yes it takes a village, but not a mob to bring about change for the betterment of all.

#24     Dec 8, 2008
  5. #25     Dec 8, 2008
  6. ak15

ak15

An ad hominem attack by our high school attendee. Par for the course. He is also busy with that other matter about Obama's birth certificate. In the virtuoso's own words: "huge amount of evidence I have discovered against Obama's certification of birth." America collectively awaits with bated breath.

Besides, there is this other minor ramification about questioning the Supreme Court itself. Let it be noted that the maestro has made a major concession in admitting that he does "not think the supreme court is corrupt."

#26     Dec 8, 2008

7. I am of the same opinion!
    Bush is the best and will be the best!:cool:

#27     Dec 10, 2008

8. yes, sure

#28     Dec 10, 2008
  9. Certainly as good as Reagan. H W bush was a pussy cause he didn't complete the iraq war by eliminating Sadam, and he raised taxes.

#29     Dec 10, 2008
  10. jsv416

jsv416

HA HA HA, now that is funny!!!!

#30     Dec 10, 2008