Im going long Ultra SPY (SSO) as of today base price is 15.75

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Port1385, Mar 3, 2009.

1. We'll rebound soon. PPT coming. buy EWZ

#31     Mar 5, 2009
  2. After a drop such as has been experienced over the past several weeks, certainly a rebound is highly likely. A sustained move (a few months) higher will take some backing/filling over the next few weeks.

Now that the weak stomachs are capitulating, it does look more promising to be establishing some long positions. My HolyGrail ATS in fact has moved to a long position! This is a 9 year results model in the graphic. This is an intermediate term one to three months model or longer.

#32     Mar 5, 2009
  3. O RLY? 10:1 risk? Please refrain from posting utter bullshit.

#33     Mar 5, 2009
  4. It is what it is... the main point is it is now going long just when most like you are in fear and selling! :p

#34     Mar 5, 2009
  5. Wrong answer, but it is what it is.

#35     Mar 5, 2009
  6. Time will tell......and I have the model not you. :p

And I will say that the last long signal before going short in Dec. was Nov 20, `08....that's correct the exact day of the bottom! :eek:

I am not proclaiming a bottom, however, but that the market is very close to an intermediate low...usually within 3%. :cool:

#36     Mar 5, 2009
  7. you call that a model? 100% winners? how naive of you. if you want to receive some credit here, you should try to curve fit a little bit less dont you think?

LMAO

#37     Mar 5, 2009

8. Oh, no curve fit....been in use for years! Sorry, not available to the public so look elsewhere.

But I will say, that price is not an important factor in this general market model that works on any major index.

I apologize for not answering sooner, but I am very busy placing my long side orders at the moment.

#38     Mar 5, 2009
  9. Well, I've been flirting with the idea of buying SSO and wanted to buy in today, but I had to wait an extra day for a trade to settle. Lucky me as today was a major down day! But I'm buying into SSO tomorrow. Not a big position, but one of the small high risk ones. My thinking is I just can't see the S&P going to half of what it is now (350), so I figure that I won't get dumped out completely and at some point, I'll be making money. This is for a retirement account.

I was also looking at buying leveraged ETFs in something else, such as gold or oil...something that has dramatically moved one way...and I was considering either long on oil, or short on gold. But the reality is that neither play looks "safe", which kind of tells me we are near the bottom...everything is near its extreme and all the charts get squirrelly, (i.e., no chart looks like a defined direction anymore).

So we'll see what happens. Love to hear ya'll's input as to where the bottom of the S&P will ultimately be.

SM

#39     Mar 5, 2009

10. The only bottom you will ever get to know is the one you are sitting on....:mad:

#40     Mar 5, 2009