Im going long on FannieMae FNM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jul 2, 2008.

1. I feel sorry for you, you lost your shirt on this.

#51     Jul 10, 2008
  2. You stupid moron,,,,,never catch the falling knife. You took a dagger in your chest at $20 and again at $15.....idiot go read a book on value investing before you lose all your money. The way to value invest and invest in turn around plays is to wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That would mean the stock/company is poised to turn around and conditions are improving in the fundamentals. These stocks/co's are on the way down and are not poised to rebound. They are many months (in the least) and years away IF they don't need a gov bailout which would drive the stocks to $0. DEAD MONEY @ $20. Read a book on value investing. Try Benjamin Graham Security Analysis or the Intelligent Investor. Because You are the Idiot Investor.

#52     Jul 10, 2008
  3. Biog

Biog

:D :D

#53     Jul 10, 2008
  4. This putz has been trying to catch elephants dropped from airplanes for the last 3 weeks or so, needless to say he has been crushed (if he even trades). At least stock picked a few stocks right!

#54     Jul 10, 2008
  5. Funny. Unlike you guys who throw all your cash into one thing for a quick flip, I am very diversified and these financial stocks are a long term hold for myself.

The simple truth is that this is an election year. Politicians will be forced to address FNM and FRE or else risk absolute economic implosion which would be a horror politically.

Im not worried about them going bankrupt and believe the stock will recover in due time.

#55     Jul 10, 2008
  6. That's good to hear. We've all made bad moves. The only difference is that you posted your position while many just lose money quietly :)

#56     Jul 10, 2008
  7. port....really? I look at my "index" compared to stocks...you keep on trying to catch the financials, i'm short em and long biotech! oh the indiginity!

#57     Jul 11, 2008
  8. frank, you miss stock_tr, don't you?

#58     Jul 11, 2008
  9. jd7419

jd7419

Of course the politicans will address the problem. FNM and FRE will be rebuilt after their stocks go to zero. Then it will be time to buy the new stock that is issued. Politicans don't care about equity holders but they will revamp and remold these broken companies with new regulations and guidelines when it is convenient for them, not for you.

#59     Jul 11, 2008
  10. At 12 midnight, the NY Fed received a phone call from Port1385, trying to gain access threw the discount window. After being repeatedly turned away, he has been placed on 24-hour suicide watch, by his broker who may have to go to the discount window themselves if they don't receive payment for his massive margin call.

#60     Jul 11, 2008