Im going in short on Google before the earnings call...big Googdump coming!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jreynolds212, Jan 26, 2008.

1. I admit that Goog is a great company and I do use the search engine. I do use Yahoo too for various things. Both seem like good companies with growth prospects.

However, we are in a bear market. In a bear market, the stocks that lead the way during the bull market usually are the fastest to fall.

Many folks now are afraid to buy anything and there is no bid underneath. The use of margin is scaled back and the shorters will turn on the spigot at any moment ready.

Sure Goog is a great company, but it will still fall. A bear is a bear is a bear and it will take out Goog sure enough.

#11     Jan 28, 2008
  2. you guys are fucking retarded. There is currently no competition to google, the second place yahoo is so far behind in term of market share. I will short google once another search engine start to dominate.

It may not be a good long stock currently, but why would anyone short it right NOW? especially before earning. There are much better plays than shorting google...WHY? :confused:

#12     Jan 28, 2008
  3. INTC, APPL come out with record earning but very slightly weaker guidance and they bomb. MSFT comes out with record earnings and excellent guidance and retraces whatever gains it made from its good news. And how about RIMM? It gapped up huge on its earnings then tanked. Seems shorting earnings news has been pretty safe lately.

Of course, GOOg might be absolutely spectacular and turn the whole market up.. but what are the odds?

#13     Jan 28, 2008
  4. 100%. I'm buying Calls, this will be like taking candy from a baby. :)

#14     Jan 28, 2008
  5. The odds are zero. Every trader who is worth their salt KNOWS that the overall market has broken its trend line. If you want to get into growth, then I say get into small cap tech growth where the stuffing has been beaten out. Goog is done for now and no trader is going to establish a position at this point. Look out below! Thursday will be an intense high volume DUMP and then it will tailspin from there. Back to 2004-2005 pricing for Goog.

#15     Jan 28, 2008
  6. ok well let's ask it another way. what are you risking on this trade? points? dollars? just name your risk for once. i'm pretty sure this question will be met with silence.

#16     Jan 28, 2008