I'm getting killed today in the YM.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by lynx, Jan 19, 2010.

1. ddefina

ddefina

Got to love Ninja!

#21     Jan 21, 2010
  2. mabenn

mabenn

If your system has your shorting in an uptrend, it might need some work. I enjoy shorting at resistance confirmed by momentum divergence on stoch or MACD or whatever, but limit my losers on such traders to two losers in a row...

But that fits in well with my objectives, and maybe not yours.

Godo work on following your system though. If you continue to have losing days with it, then take a good look at it and what its doing for you.

Systems should simply cut losses short and let profits run, but remember that you are your system.

Just my two cents!

Anyway I'm also looking for some people that want to do msn chat during trading hours

hit me up at the_future_ismine@hotmail.com

I will also do gotomeeting mid day eventually.

#22     Jan 21, 2010
  3. Done for the week
    [​IMG]

• ym.png
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
    #23     Jan 22, 2010
  4. Nice work this week. You are clearly on a good path, not over trading and only taking the best setups.

#24     Jan 22, 2010
  5. you don't get this trading thing after a few weeks. Add 3 to 500 years to that and you will be more correct.

#25     Jan 22, 2010
  6. works too. Keep them stops tight.

#26     Jan 22, 2010
  7. Nah, my learning isn't complete and yours isn't either. But I know what you mean. Statistically that works until you have a 6 sigma move that blows you out. There's a way to catch 80% of the move. But your arrogance isn't going to get you there.

Your problem is accuracy, slippage, and no clue where the hell to put stops. I know your system fails under loose guidelines by how cocky you are about it I've got a good feeling your not smart enough to fix it.

Show me your P&L from your system. I want #'s. PM me if you desire.

#27     Jan 22, 2010
  8. Cheese

Cheese

.. I've got a good feeling you're not smart enough.
    :)

#28     Jan 22, 2010
  9. For Mr_New2thegame
    [​IMG]

• ym.png
      File size:
      64.4 KB
      Views:
    #29     Jan 23, 2010
  10. lynx

lynx

Mr Black, thanks for posting that.

I've been meaning to plot your trades that posted on a chart, and review them for clues. But I haven't gotten to it yet. Will look at that this weekend. Thanks again.

#30     Jan 23, 2010