i'm getting bombarded by emails!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by funky, Oct 31, 2003.

1. funky

funky

before, i got one email each time a thread was posted to, now i'm getting one for EACH post! i had 30 emails this morning all for one thread!!!

:eek:

2. You get new emails as long as you're considered "online" to ET. The emails stop once you go offline -- you get one email for the first post after you're offline made to a subscribed thread, and then no more until you go online again.

I hope this makes sense.

3. Andre

Andre

Rich, you just explained something I had never figured out. It doesn't happen all the time. But now I know why I sometimes get 2 or 3 from the same thread.

André

4. In the future - be sure to uncheck the "Email Notification" option when you post if you don' t want to get all those emails.

BTW, Baron, it would be nice if the default was for that checkbox to be UNchecked.

5. You can make that the default in your 'Account' under 'Options'.

Select "NO" for "Use 'Email Notification' by default?"

6. Are u the same Andre who moderate/host chat session for sponsore and were not awere of it yet?

7. I have a question on differnet hadles from ICQ, MSN, Yahoo,..

Why i haven't seen any one have their Messenger handle
    written in their profile? Are they trying not to get hacked?
    or any other reason?

8. Andre

Andre

Nana, I've got mine in my profile. But I don't know that anyone has ever IMed from finding it there. I've seen other members list their IM handles. I doubt it's a hacking/security issue. Probably more a privacy issue. Kind of like keeping an unlisted phone number. It's easier to screen Email than it is to screen an IM. I've had my AIM handle for 13 years. And because it's similar to a well know rap star and something similar to one teens emulate, I get IMed often by kids who think they know me, or typed with my in chat room, Yo, wha' up? they say. I have to tell them... I'm nobody's homey! Now leave me alone, I work online.

André