I'm embarassed to be a democrat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Money can be used to influence people

#11     Jun 6, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

But people vote. People choose. People decide. End of story. If a little bit of money persuaded them to "change" their mind, well then maybe they were not all that convinced to begin with.

#12     Jun 6, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I know that. But reps thought it would make a difference. If they're wrong, they're stupid. If they're right, well... there you go.

#13     Jun 6, 2012
  4. Money is a factor, but do you really think that in a race like we just had in Wisconsin the people didn't realize there was a choice? They didn't know what the choices were? The common sense question to all those republican ads is, who/what is this guy running against? Even the slightest bit of inquisitiveness would lead one to do some investigation. It ain't that hard to find.

#14     Jun 6, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Of course there are choices, but by the principle of advertising, more exposure makes one choice seem more familiar aka comfortable than any other. If it didn't work it would have been abandoned long ago.

#15     Jun 6, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Agree, it is going to be very close and the country will be divided afterwards with half the population pissed off. Either Obama or Romney will have a very tough time leading.

#16     Jun 6, 2012
  7. Then how do you explain the high voter turnout? Normally that brings good news for dem's. Not only did they not win, they got stomped. The people knew what the choices were. They knew the consequences. They put their bet on Walker. He ain't that appealing. It was the lack of direction and leadership shown by the dem's. Bitching ain't enough. What's the plan?

#17     Jun 6, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's not an issue of being stupid. Have you ever given money to a left wing cause knowing it's not going to do anything but you want to help the home team for whatever reason. It's the same reason people put money in the offering plate at church or why people give a dollar at the grocery store to fight diabetes. It's not a smart vs stupid issue. Come on Ricter, you know this.

#18     Jun 6, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, I gave money to Ron Paul even though I knew hell would freeze over twice before he ever got elected President. But I still gave him money. Does that make me stupid? I simply wanted to contribute.

#19     Jun 6, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Excitement.

What is this "stomped" you mention, 54 to 46?

I was not bitching, only analyzing rep behavior. If money doesn't much matter, then reps are pretty stupid. If money kinda matters, then 5 to 1 makes up quite a bit for the "kinda". If money really matters...

#20     Jun 6, 2012