"I'm Doing God's Work" Meet Mr Goldman Sachs

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Dogfish, Nov 9, 2009.

1. bottom line to all you born losers is---the guy is succesful and should be respected UNTILL he is proven criminal and or fraudulent with his dealings.

OTHERWISE may i suggest another internet site??

#21     Nov 9, 2009
  2. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

barbicane, what is your opinion if Goldman Sach know or not know what they buy( IN THE BEGINNING)?
    How can so successful and smart people like Goldman Sach not know they buy (JUNK) to package and sell? Is that simple to me.
    If they are really just the smart one and no do nothing wrong, you tell me how they buy this JUNK and are fooled to think these JUNK morgages are AAA. Goldman Sach really think the morgages they buy from (BROKERS OUTSIDE OF REGULATION OF BANKS) will be good for the money? Hmm?? So sad those lower class people fool Goldman Sach and promise to pay the morgage.

I am no against success barbicane. But Goldman Sach in my opinion know EXACTLY what they buy es junk, and EXACTLY how to sell that, and insure that too.

Now look at this interview and respond of Blankfein.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blankfein: No, I think you are assuming that this crisis was caused solely by highly complex derivative products. It wasn't. Just look at a typical bank balance sheet. Most banks value their loans at the price at which they were issued. This applies to corporate and consumer loans, mortgages and credit card debt. All seemingly bread-and-butter transactions. And then there are a few derivatives and some more complex products.

SPIEGEL: What are you trying to say with that?

Blankfein: This crisis was not just caused by complex derivatives.

SPIEGEL: What caused it, then?

Blankfein: Too much money was lent to people who had bitten off more than they could chew. When the bubble burst and recession hit, default rates went through the roof

#22     Nov 9, 2009
  3. So the conclusion is Goldman Sach make deals in the real estate MBS that only can work if these subprime people pay? So Goldman really bet they will pay? Hmm?
    My point is if they want to be the god, if that god is good, they will IN THE BEGINNING say no to that shit morgage they buy and package.

#23     Nov 9, 2009
  4. the1

the1

Dude, you are completely missing the point. Whether Blankfein is more spiritual than a pauper is not even up for debate. It's completely irrelevant. So irrelevant that I'll concede you that point. Blankfein is more spiritual than a pauper and as a result he is tighter with God. Moving on...

This guy is bordering on committing a cardinal sin by possibly breaking the 2nd Commandment. To equate getting filthy rich with "God's work" is offensive, highly offensive. There is nothing wrong with getting filthy rich if that is your goal in life but doing so most certainly is not "God's work."

Come back and tell the world that you believe Blankfein's pursuit of worldly riches is as admirable as Mother Teresa's lifelong work. In your eyes is Blankfein in line to become the next saint?

#24     Nov 10, 2009
  5. God bless ACORN, out there registering 13 million new voters. They're doing God's work in some of the toughest neighborhoods in America.

#25     Nov 10, 2009
  6. You're missing the point. Their God is not your God. Their God is what actually runs the world.

#26     Nov 10, 2009
  7. God's work
    Gold's work
    Goldman's work

there is no difference really

#27     Nov 10, 2009

8. very insightful, mr. snake.

A plus.

:D

#28     Nov 10, 2009

9. tongue in cheek---- i hope? !

#29     Nov 10, 2009
  10. I don't think you have the mental capabilities to truly understand what I meant.

Either way, if you worship their god, which it seems like you do, you will get yours when the time comes.

#30     Nov 10, 2009