"I'm Doing God's Work" Meet Mr Goldman Sachs

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Dogfish, Nov 9, 2009.

1. these human excrement come to my neighborhood to "vacation" each summer but the locals know them to be the scum that they truly are

#11     Nov 9, 2009
  2. blank ...... Fein is more like it.

next he'll claim to be the Messiah as they are still waiting for him so the story goes.

From what I remember God's work is for the better of all not just a chosen few.

Even the name Gold Man tells who and what their idol is,
    a gold statue of themselves Man and they Sach all those who get in the way.

What GS and the likes assisted by the Government have done over the last 2 years guarantee more hardships for the old and middle aged than wars.

The true ethnic cleanse as money ensures survival.

#12     Nov 9, 2009

3. Of course, the merchants in your little town hate the GS people, so do the trademen, realtors, tax collectors and restauranteurs.

get real loser

IB

#13     Nov 9, 2009

4. really??? Mother Teressa is from a BILLIONAIRE family.

You truly have no clue on what good GS does with the money.

NO MORE SOUR GRAPES FROM THE LOSERS!!

#14     Nov 9, 2009
  5. the1

the1

A billionaire family? I did not know that. Even if that's true it doesn't change the way she lived her life and how many lives she touched in the process and if that doesn't suffice perhaps we should have a discussion about every other saint that made his or her way into the bible? I'm pretty sure very few of them came from Billionaire backgrounds.

Regardless, Blankfein was not referring to the good that GS does with their money. He was referring to the business deals they make as "God's work." It's so unfortunate for him that he places money above sprituality and the benefit of mankind.

Dude, you sound so much like Asiaprop. You registered this month, two posts, and already you're one of GS's biggest supporters. And I think you should reconsider your definition of what constitutes a loser.

#15     Nov 9, 2009

6. Why is getting rich evil? Do a search for Christopher Hitchens expose on Mother Theressa on Youtube.

Evil under the guise of good is the ultimate evil, capitalistic success is what we all strive for, but once achieved , the winners become EVil in the eyes of the losers.

I am not a supporter of GS, I am simple tired of seeing success maligned on a board that is suppose to be all about success.

If GS breaks laws , they need to be punished, otherwise--- more success to them!

IB

#16     Nov 9, 2009
  7. spinn

spinn

Asiaprop......mother Theresa left home at 17 and never saw her mother again while living a life of poverty........

I have always wondered who makes fake id...I have never seen it happen live.

#17     Nov 9, 2009
  8. the1

the1

This thread isn't about GS's success. It's about equating GS's success to doing "God's work." Such a comparison is demeaning to those, such as Mother Teresa, who actually did do God's work.

How do you compare owning the market, acquiring your government, eliminating your competition, and generating Billions of dollars that you pay to yourself with something like the Doctors Without Borders program? I have never heard a more pathetic statement in all of my life. It could only come from someone with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Look square into that man's eyes and tell me what you see. I imagine this guy gets excited when he looks in the mirror.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...article6907681.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1

#18     Nov 9, 2009

9. Sort of like calling yourself, the1 ??

I have no idea, but if the guy is right with god, there is nothing wrong with his statement.

i don't think god discriminates between the rich and poor. rich can be evil, so can the poor. a single truly rich can certainly do more of gods work than10000 poor people.

he makes money, you ( metaphorically speaking) make bagels-- so what? there is nothing inherently evil about either one and both could be gods work depending on your spiritual state.

you gotta stop hating on the rich, man, you gotta stop it! THERE IS NO NOBILITY IN POVERTY

Makes me ILL that people put forth the proposition that the POOR are INHERENTLY SPIRITUALLY SUPERIOR. this is NONSENSE and based on JEALOUSY.

#19     Nov 9, 2009
  10. It never ceases to amaze me how small minded the enemies of capitalism that reside on ET are.
    If you can't see that Blankfein is the second coming then I can't help you.
    A case in point. While the young, pregnant women and the susceptible remain unimmunized against the swine flu, GS has forced it's employees to be the guinea pigs for the vaccine.
    If Mother Teresa worked for GS, it would just be more of God's work for her.

#20     Nov 9, 2009