I'm doing a study

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 151, May 24, 2009.

1. Entertainment for the poor and uneducated.

#11     May 25, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Teenagers

Strategy

#12     May 25, 2009
  3. People that have great intelligence, problem solvers, but are generally too focused on 1 thing.

#13     May 25, 2009
  4. I can answer that...there are 6 basic human needs...

1.Love or connection
    2.Comfort or Certainty
    3.Variety or Uncertainty
    4.Significance
    5.Growth
    6.Contribution

When someone has a certain need they need met, they will enjoy something that meets that need. When they feel like that need is already met, they will not enjoy that thing.

So someone that likes motocross, maybe they feel a connection with other people who like to do that same stuff.

People who dont like motocross maybe dont like it because they have other needs they want met, like variety. There is no variety in motocross. Its a bunch of guys on bikes driving around in a circle. There is no connection for them because they dont like riding dirt bikes.

I wrote for my answer earlier that I think of poor uneducated people when I think of motocross. Since I am not either of those two, i have no connection with those types of people, I feel like an outsider if i am around them so i'm not getting my signifcance need met, no growth for me, no contribution, no comfort, no variety....so its no wonder i dont like motocross. It does nothing for me.

Chess on the other hand I like. I feel a connection with the other players who like the game, Im certain i will enjoy the game, No two chess games are alike so i have variety, I feel extremely significant when i win, or when others are watching me play. I can always keep growing as a player too. So im getting 5 needs met when i play chess.

#14     May 25, 2009
  5. That's doublecross (g)

#15     May 25, 2009
  6. Fond memories. My Dad was a teamster truck driver and taught me how to play chess. I've taught my kids to play chess. He didn't sit me down and say "I'm going to teach you strategy". He gave me an opportunity to think and figure out strategy myself while he kicked my ass.

#16     May 25, 2009
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Here ya go Sir…

MOTOCROSS

Cousin to my sport Dirt Track Racing (I built and raced my own car... but stopped when it was time to be a dad – as there are only so many hours in a day) I will take it back up once my kids are grown

I like the competition, comrade, ingenuity, physical labor, and raw emotion (Yin to the Yang of trading)

CHESS

Glorified Checkers

I like and play both… as the strategy for both are the same (and simple)

Capture your opponents’ pieces – win

RN

#17     May 25, 2009
  8. I thought he said Cheese.

#18     May 25, 2009
  9. dve250

dve250

Playing in the mud :)

#19     May 25, 2009
  10. dve250

dve250

I can outsmart you.