I'm creating a Trade Journaling Software. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by pradlal, Oct 18, 2017.

Do you think this will be useful to your trading ?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pradlal

pradlal

I started developing this as a desktop app to help me in my trading, to keep track of my discipline and scale back when I'm veering off course. But seeing that discipline is something that all traders struggle with, I've started developing this on the web.

The app lets traders define the parameters for the system they follow and journal every trade they take. What this helps achieve is
    • track discipline progress
    • analyse the implication of the individual parameters of the traded system
    • identify cycles of discipline (monthly/quarterly/yearly)
    It's a very simple app, one that I hope would help with the psychological progress needed to be successful in this industry. I'm thinking of opening this up with a 15 day trial period, and $9/month subsequently. I would appreciate any thoughts/ideas you may have.

2. 1shooter

1shooter

seems more like something that should be a flat fee, as any notebook does the same thing.$100 for a year is a bit steep for something that is a bit like a fitbit for mind. Also does not say why mistakes are made. Key to point out reason for mistake not just that a mistake was made.
    And if you are going to do this it should have the percentage daily made along with the index. and a weekly, monthly, yearly chart. That going along with (spy) index and personal performance. With the ability to point a time frame and pull the info from your stored data of that day. So you can go back and see how you messed it all up or what you did so great.

3. pradlal

pradlal

"Fitbit for mind" seems pretty accurate :) Thanks for the feedback.

On the pricing part, I am also considering the model where the basic features are free, and advanced analytics would be a monthly tier.

Agree with the percentage daily, comparison with index and ability to zoom in and look at a particular time frame.

Thanks 1shooter, appreciate you taking the time.