I'm Considering Bright Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sub0, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Do you really think that as a new trader putting up 5k that a prop firm is going to let you trade 10k shares of, lets say, a $50 stock? Would you, as an experienced trader, want to work at a firm that lets new traders take that much risk?

There is a lot of money to be made in the markets but you have to learn the game first. 100 shares will NOT make you any real money, but thats not the point. If you are expecting to make any income for the first 6-12 months, you will most likely be very disappointed.

#11     Jan 29, 2006
  2. genesis, barkley, questrade, mintrel,hlv. I/B has great commiss for hi vol guys now and payout is 100%. There is no need to overpay for commiss - which is brights bread and butter imo.

#12     Jan 29, 2006
  3. sub0

sub0

Thanks for the great response! What's I/B (interactive brokers?) and is that a prop shop? I thought they where retail only.

#13     Jan 29, 2006
  4. i agree brights a good firm but there commissions are way to high in this hugely competitive envirnonment. a new guy shouldn't be paying over .005

#14     Jan 29, 2006
  5. sub0

sub0

"put 3k down - get 20,30,:1 leverage. 85-100% payout."

Which prop shop does this? Do you have a link? Please PM me! THANK YOU!

#15     Jan 29, 2006
  6. Well, well...as always, anyone who is serious should probably just call me to chat. And, no, we don't let people come in with $3k (to save them, that is way undercapitalized)...and yes, our traders have initial limits of 5,000 shares per stock and 10,000 aggregate. Our rates are very competitive for Firm's that have adequate capital for traders to use ($1Mil or 2 minimum to make a good living in this business).

This is a serious business, and I'll be glad to discuss the details with any of you who are serious about trading for a living.

All the best,

Don

(No real need for either "bashing" or continuing the thread... serious traders just call or PM as we have been doing for 15 years or so).

#16     Jan 30, 2006
  7. Hooter

Hooter

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Miss ya Don.

#18     Dec 5, 2015
    londonkid and xandman like this.
  9. ken__0

ken__0

Sad to read that. May he rest in peace .

#19     Dec 13, 2015
    JCBLESS likes this.