i'm confused

Discussion in 'Economics' started by niceneasy, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Arnie

Arnie

The media always has to give us a reason why the market did what it did. Regarding deficits, please show me where they have EVER had any impact. I think the media approaches the day with the thought of "How can we scare the &%$# out of the public". Relax. Quite reading newspapers, quite watching the news.

PS One of the best bumper stickers I ever saw..."Shoot your TV"

#11     Mar 11, 2006
  2. snow

snow

Forget the fundamentals and trade the chart .What more can a trader do in these highly uncertain times....

#12     Mar 12, 2006
  3. Things became uncertain after 911,

It is horrible and sad, but this is the new world we live in.

I don't think starting wars helps anyone.

My two cents,

#13     Mar 12, 2006
  4. Suggestion....

Be thrilled with constant termoil and change and uncerntainty. I could go off on one of my usual philosophical rants, but instead will just focus on the markets.

Bad news brings prices down to levels where demand swamps supply. Good news rallies prices to levels where supply swamps demand. In short, all the media craziness creates confusion and thus tends to raise volatility. More importantly, provides low risk high reward trading opportunities.

Instead of worrying about the news, use it to your advantage. Successful traders do exactly that.

#14     Mar 12, 2006
  5. Agreed!

I never said that I was less profitable due to the uncertainty,

But I think psychologically our world is not better off in uncertain times,

#15     Mar 13, 2006
  6. A while back people used to analyze how people felt about things.

The global data reached a peak (positive) and then began to fall away from the peak. The peak was almost 50 years ago and is quite far out of sight now even with the replacement of most people having happened.

The Club of Rome effort (Satisfaction Units were used), Ekistics (Athens based) and all the rest have evaporated permenantly for all practical purposes.

Some day you will get to an age where you actually are in a place where it will appear to you clearly that you are responsible for what is going on. You may even recognize when you abbrogated your, then unknown, responsibilities.

It's a good idea to make sure everybody around on your watch is better off every day that goes by. All the global stuff starts within hearing range.

#16     Mar 13, 2006
  7. Just be ready to be the one of the first people to hop in the lifeboat if the ship starts to sink or you will sink with it.

#17     Mar 13, 2006
  8. A rising stock market is our last hope.

#18     Mar 13, 2006

9. exactly why they wont let it sell

#19     Mar 13, 2006
  10. All this talk about how bad things are. Well, with the exception of a good run in the 1920's, 80's and 90's when things seemed a lot better, most of the history of this world has been the history of a lot of crap going on. Heck, watch the movie Braveheart and you'll see how crappy things were for a lot of people centuries ago. Or how about the Civil War, World Wars I and II, Vietnam, the Crusades, the Holocaust, Plagues, etc. Anyway, a lot of us under 40 have been relatively spoiled by how good things have been during most of our lives.

#20     Mar 13, 2006