Im confused.. how much should I expect

Discussion in 'Trading' started by falcon, Jun 12, 2011.

1. I don't 'refuse to acknowledge' his expertise, I just don't need his help on the matter. I've been day trading a long time and see no reason to change a thing.

You're going to have to help me on what 'neofarious alternative motives' means.....I'm familiar with the phrase 'nefarious ulterior motives' but clearly you meant something else as what you posted isn't really that close :p

PS Did you ALSO have some spelling issues with your alias, Surf? LOL....kids these days!

#41     Jun 14, 2011
  2. FWIW guys...I just posted what I think was a valid response to a good question (and, yes, check upcoming TASC magazine, they may even publish it).....no reason for bickering...trading is a different as there are traders personalities.....we (my brother and I, and the traders in the firm) have been involved in most types of trading...and some adapt better to short term, some to long term, some to the "science" of pairs and mergers....but we've noticed, over the years, that something we simply call the "X-factor" seems to permeate through all the successful type people. Those not looking for a free ride, or a crutch...those who are willing to work, invest some time and money in developing an edge.. regardless of which time frame or instrument.

I have found, personally, that we seem to have more trouble with the "stubborn" ones, those who like to pick a direction and then marry the position...I figure "if it ain't working, dump it" - go onto the next play.

All the best.... "peace out guys" LOL.....

Don

#42     Jun 14, 2011
  3. Totally agree, I go long or short without bias, it all depends on what the mkt is spitting out on any given day at any given moment.

Anyone who is stubborn and won't accept that what the mkt is saying and what they are doing aren't meshing is in for a rude awakening.

#43     Jun 14, 2011
  4. Yep, just jump on board whatever way you think the markets gonna go. Hope your right then get out if your wrong. Sounds like a Sirius edge to me. Wadda plan!

Ridiculous to claim you trade directionally without a bias. I
    Lump this double talk in with the noobs who claim TA isn't meant for prediction. All directional trading is done on biases and predictions. Stop making it something it isn't. Seeing reality will be your first step to success on your own.

#44     Jun 14, 2011
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

That would define "GrandSuperCycle", who has been posting the exact same trades almost every week for 10 months, despite the majority of them trending heavily against his position for months at a time.

At some point these fraudsters should be cracked down on or this site is a total joke.

#45     Jun 14, 2011
  6. LOL...do you think markets go straight up or straight down each day? Even today, amidst a rally, there were several short trends. One in particular came via the 19 min SPY chart around 10:46. But most of the signals I traded today were on the long side and rightly so...we went up a lot more than down today!

When I say without bias I mean that I DO NOT have a bias personally, the mkt is calling the shots and providing the signals and from those signals profitable trades develop. I didn't make the rules, I just know how to play by them :)

#46     Jun 14, 2011
  7. Why not post these "signals" for a few days to validate your claims? Hell, I'm not even asking to see a statement, just a few calls before the fact.

Otherwise, you have zero credibility.

Wait, folks are just suppose to believe your acumen, right? Then buy the book?

With over 4 posts per day, please don't be a chucklehead by claiming no time to post trades. But of course you will back down cause there is no substance.

Anxiously awaiting your excuse.

#47     Jun 14, 2011
  8. Wow, you really know how to sweet talk a guy don't ya? :p

Unfortunately (for you that is), it's always been a steadfast rule of mine not to give in to the demands of the petulant ET malcontents and I'm very fond of my rules.

So if that takes away all credibility in Dalmationsurfer's eyes, then so be it. I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine. Not too worried about it.

Have a nice evening!
    :)

#48     Jun 14, 2011