Im calling the bottom! The bottom is in!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chaosclarity, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ha, without qe3 there will be no inflation but probably deflation.

#11     Aug 28, 2011
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

Focus on the future I say. Which stocks will double in 3 months? I am pretty confident TQNT will make that double...what do you think? What do you think? [/B][/QUOTE]

What do I think?
    I think you are long TQNT and are looking for confirmation...I wouldn't own TQNT. Sorry it's not what you want to hear but coming on here and calling a bottom just because you bought a low priced stock doesn't mean that's a good trading strategy.

#12     Aug 28, 2011
  3. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

#13     Aug 28, 2011
  4. earnings generally make the market go up, with low interest even msft which is sittin on loads of cash is sellin bonds and raising unneeded cash.

#14     Aug 29, 2011
  5. schizo

schizo

Perhaps this is why traders are slowly moving out of the discretionary camp and into the netherworld of the black box. Machines don't give a crap about your prediction.

#15     Aug 29, 2011
  6. Probably today is not yet the bottom. You can read more details here: http://www.stock-trading.me/2011/08...arket-bottom-v-bottom-of-the-stocks-or-index/

S&P500 commands the top 500 companies and influence the major movement in stocks. Looking at the situation today in the US, a lot are not resolved financially- debts, increasing unemployment, etc...This further reduces investor confidence.

In my opinion, the S&P 500 would further slip down in the coming months until a similar bottom would reach just like in 2009.

#16     Aug 29, 2011
  7. daveyc

daveyc

the bottom is in because bubble ben will not allow another bear market so he will continue to do whatever to keep it from finding the bottom naturally.

#17     Aug 29, 2011
  8. jsp326

jsp326

Long-term bottom, intermediate-bottom, yearly bottom or what?

I think the odds of an intermediate/yearly bottom are pretty good. The seasonality is strong (pre-election year) and we often have a strong Fall rally (long before the Santa rally) when there's a sharp drop in the summer.

If you're literally saying the S&P will never touch 1100 again...well, I'm not nearly as confident of that.

#18     Aug 29, 2011
  9. S2007S

S2007S

SPX will touch 1100 again and most likely even trade below 1000!

:p

#19     Aug 29, 2011
  10. In late 2008 the Dow was at 8000. It reached 6500 at the lowest. I'll wait, thanks.

#20     Aug 29, 2011