I'm calling it - The DOUBLE-TOP Is In

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by saliva, Oct 12, 2009.

1. romik

romik

Any double top or bottom can be speculated with success providing one understands how to control risk & how to stay in a trade, the latter part proves to be the hardest part for most of us. It is only when a trader gets to grips with holding a position he will start making serious money even using such method as basic as it may seem to be. Saliva's problem is that he keeps making an ass out of himself so can't expect not to get hostile responses to his posts.

#21     Oct 13, 2009
  2. candles

candles

#22     Oct 13, 2009
  3. So who's laughing all the way to the bank now (or was that making ass out themselves)? Bwahahaha!

#23     Oct 13, 2009
  4. I love it. 55 points down on the DOW after a 50% or so rally off the lows in March, and it's automatically a double top. You guys are really tempting the Chit chat god.

#24     Oct 13, 2009
  5. LOL, Ivan (I was thinking the same thing) ... saliva is good people though, let'em have his 10pts off the Open drop in the ES.

:) :) :)

#25     Oct 13, 2009
  6. volente_00

volente_00

I disagree.

They are driven by the emotions of fear and greed.

:)

#26     Oct 13, 2009
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Speaking of 10 points, what is that one fools strategy when that happens ?

:p

#27     Oct 13, 2009
  8. The problem is these folks (who are more like 401k traders who trade once a year) equate the market with the brick-and-mortar. Go figure!

#28     Oct 13, 2009
  9. I'll keep that in mind.

:)

#29     Oct 13, 2009
  10. The market is very much the hunting ground predominantly of males who are able to operate at a high level of conceptualization and imagination.

It requires being a breed apart just to enter its ranks. In addition you must have the qualities of exrtraordinary discipline and focus.

The worst part of the equation is that it's a whole other skill-set to be able to juggle more than one (or two) balls at the most. That means you have to do a ton of work just to become specialized, and be pretty good at trading one or two markets at a time.

That's why I asked to Ivanovih to let the thread be ... it took a lot of work just to make that one call and do so successfully (and I know it), regardless of whether it proves to be "the" top or not.

Good trading

#30     Oct 13, 2009