I'm burnt out

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by will848, Apr 20, 2011.

1. I know I'm a couple of months late on this thread, but, gosh Will, you're making 40% in 3 years? That's like 12% per year compounded. Most mutual funds can do that. It's no wonder you're getting burnt out. You've been at it for 4 years and haven't even doubled your money.

As a fellow swing trader who sits at the computer about 30 minutes a day and enjoys a rich social life, exercise, travel, and a number of other hobbies and interests, I think your issue is that you feel like you want trading to take you somewhere and it's just taking so gosh-darn long to get there. If you can't be happy in the process, you will burn out. Either get some distraction in your life in the form of other pursuits to increase your level of patience, or start making a ton more than 12% per year. I mean, what is it you really want? An early retirement? It's never going to come fast enough at 12% per year. I think your burn out is coming from "deferred hope." You want trading to do something for you that it's not doing fast enough.

#21     Jul 10, 2011

2. The HFT paranoia is ridiculous.

Someone or something to blame for losses I guess.

I see certain patterns working regardless of HFTs and other paranormal theories.

#22     Jul 10, 2011
  3. Depends on what you are doing.

Many of you trade like grandma, thus hft is not relevant.

Those that like to move quickly , in and out, with little risk, have much to worry about .

Methinks that those saying hft is nothing are simply using that 'code phrase' to imply they are masters of the universe, and not the mens room attendants they are in real life.

#23     Jul 18, 2011
  4. Everyone able to do that, raise their hand.

#24     Jul 18, 2011
  5. hft do it all day.

used to do it all day myself before the exchanges decided to fuck the public.

#25     Jul 18, 2011
  6. если бы у бабушки был ХУЙ во лбу она была бы ТАНКОМ!!

#26     Aug 13, 2011
  7. Mutual funds pull out 12% yearly?? There are many hedgies out there that can't even do that!

#27     Aug 13, 2011
  8. surfer25

surfer25

No kidding.

#28     Aug 13, 2011