Im bored so let's talk Stock Picks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Hydroblunt, May 8, 2006.

1. Metals: CAU and GLE could have another wave. Volume is picking up on QEE. By the way, NEM recently bought a chunk of QEE at $0.41 which is only $0.07 below its current price. If and when gold goes higher then people will start scrambling for these cheaper gold stocks.

#31     May 14, 2006
  2. Hyudra

Hyudra

I'm long RAD Jan 07 $5 calls
    Short on GME.

#32     May 14, 2006
  3. Metals & oil just getting destroyed today

Big ouch for me.

#33     May 15, 2006
  4. I'm getting hammered in QEE. I feel the upside is greater than the price of the shares currently. An investor... sigh.

Gold is moving up tonight and the dollar is dropping.

Check out CAU. Constant media barrages about gold and inflation, fiscal profligacy and war could pump up these little gold stocks. CAU isn't that far off its base.

Hydro: have you read Covel's trend trading book? great book. I never realized the disconnect between behavioral/ mass psychology trading and true trend trading.

#34     May 17, 2006
  5. short schw :D

#35     May 17, 2006
  6. Gwhiz

Gwhiz

JOBS and especially grow are two long plays

Also tie is a good buy right now as it recovers from the correction

#36     May 17, 2006
  7. No more TIE and I suggest you stay away from that stock. Too many issues that point in both directions. If you wanna play the commodity angle, much better plays out there.

This week is just bad for me. Gave away some of gains. Finally out of JVA, another stock that was going nowhere.

Currently long TGB, QEE and PWI. Been buying up TGB, I just really like the company and see it as great value. Based on their projections and upped production of copper, this company is trading dirt cheap. Trading below Enterprise value, Forward P/E is like 3. I can see this being a 10 bagger, even if takes several months.
    Watching NXG, glad to see it break 3.50, I'm dying for this to hit $2.70 cause I'll load the boat.
    Noticing a big lack of diversification, Im all oil, gold, silver & copper.

Looking to buy leap puts on AZO, depending on what the overall market decides to do. Unless it goes into an uptrend of asset inflation, AZO will go down. Anyone who knows how the previous CEO (Steve Orland) ran the company, would agree with me. On the same hand, ODP is a good sure long as long as Stevie "Trim the fat" Orland is staying and doing what he does best.

GreenTag year is coming to a close so I'll be more busy with those transactions and tidying up inventory. Good time to give this market a few weeks break after all that craziness.

#37     May 18, 2006
  8. thebull

thebull

I think BAS is going towards 25.3

#38     May 21, 2006
  9. Yeah did not make my cut, HAL made more sense due to better fundies and their "special" privilieges.

Just holding PWI, NXG, TGB and QEE. Canadian miners is where it's at, undervalued in comparison. Being that TGB and NXG are under $5 and on the AMEX, makes them overlooked by institutions. NXG is especially solid, great company. Put in a buy stop on Fri at 3.52, got filled at 3.54. Some crazy mofo took a half mil block at 3.96 at the close shortly after. Was expecting news over the weekend but nothing happened.

Looking to focus on Canadian miners and renewable energy for now. MAG back to 52 week lows. While there is a chance for BK, their inverter unit is rocking and the company has been redirecting resources into it. Still the best inverter on the market and only getting better.

#39     May 23, 2006