im better than you

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Why is that? Is it because of psychological reasons? thinking " Oh small money , I'll take big risks" ?

#31     Feb 27, 2008
  2. YoungOne

YoungOne

Lmao.

#32     Feb 27, 2008
  3. ps0013

ps0013

If someone with a small account is using correct cash management and is trading shares in proportion to their account size, then it is an accomplishment. Weather he could accomplish the same thing with a mil$ account we may never know, but I don't think cashmoney would be the 1st millionaire to start w/ a $800 account

#33     Feb 27, 2008
  4. I'm not sure who edited this post. I liked the original version better. It brought my attention to the fact that Benjamin Shalom Bernanke's first 2 initials spell B.S. Can't argue with the facts.

#34     Feb 27, 2008
  5. It must be in my case. I don't think 2 contracts as opposed to 1 makes a huge difference when it comes to liquidity in ES, hehe.

#35     Feb 27, 2008
  6. and im STILL HERE, and getting better..actually that does have some bearing...considering the fact that most traders either blow up or go home after 6 months according to the "stats". Second of all I chose to have a small account for learning purposes.

Some of you talk about account size, and how that affects performance. Not in the fx market where average daily volume is about 2 trillion dollars.

#36     Feb 27, 2008
  7. No, it's like getting a mouse or an elephant through your front door. Either one can be accomplished but obviously one is easier than the other. The elephant just needs a bigger door - i.e. more markets, more triggers, more time (in the day), more research, more planning, superior execution, and the list goes on. Why does Buffett take days/weeks to buy a position? It's kind of tough to put 2 billion into a stock.

#37     Feb 27, 2008

8. is this your best $ month since 2005?

#38     Feb 27, 2008
  9. well i dont remember all my months, but yes it is once of them.

last year, jan, apr, and june were all good.

#39     Feb 27, 2008
  10. clacy

clacy

OK, fair enough. It does take some heart to make it in this business. But, you were the one that made the claim "i'm better than you", so you should expect some push back.

#40     Feb 27, 2008