I'm being to hate daytrading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Joab, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Joab

Joab

Yes I actually would like to do that :mad:

They are still nice guys though. :)

#21     Jan 31, 2007
  2. What is preventing you from swing trading now?

#22     Jan 31, 2007
  3. That's the catch, to have a good handle NFP's you need to be around for what happened beforehand. I wonder if there really are traders who watch the markets daily and are capable of sitting on their hands the vast majority of the time. It's hard enough trying to limit your actions during each session, I try my hardest not to get suckered into micro-tape trading.

#23     Jan 31, 2007
  4. Joab

Joab

I do, just thinking of upping the stakes more to subsidize the daytrading income. :)

#24     Jan 31, 2007

5. Are you still with Tuco?

#25     Jan 31, 2007
  6. subban

subban

I am surprised how drastically your opinon changed in the time span of a month and a half.

#26     Jan 31, 2007
  7. The only problems you mentioned which I have are delayed stock openings, and slippage. Slippage is relatively inconsequential for me - when I'm chasing a ripping stock where everyone wants to get it, my limit order might not get printed, and I risk that. I don't pay data/charting costs, have never had a connection/platform outage, and never get bad fills since I don't use market orders and only trade with autoexec limit orders and through ECNs.

#27     Jan 31, 2007

8. May I ask who you are with...what is your charting package?

#28     Jan 31, 2007
  9. Assent/Lynx. I just use Anvil's default charting (Anvil is the execution software provided by Assent). The executions/relability are top notch; not once has the system ever gone down. I've had stale quotes a few times, but the issue is resolved within 5-10 minutes at most.

#29     Jan 31, 2007
  10. Minmike totally agree! I felt this way before switching over to futures.

>All I can say is one word Futures

>I'v never dealt with 1-5

#30     Jan 31, 2007