I'm being to hate daytrading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Joab, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Why not trade on your own? I trade from home and very seldom have any problems with my broker or my software.

#11     Jan 30, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

I do my Swing Trades through IB and I use Ensign and DTN for charts and data.

I'm bitching because of the way that I get treated when there is a service issue.

Is it just me or wouldn't you say that customer support in this business generally sucks compared to let's say a Hotel or Restraunt or even a grocery store for that matter. :)

#12     Jan 30, 2007
  3. tef8

tef8

Naw, when you go to the Hotel or Restaraunt you get the priviledge of getting treated that poorly in person :)

j/k - sorry couldn't resist

#13     Jan 30, 2007
  4. When CNBC was talking about new york becoming a 2nd rate power in the finance world, was it because of a lack of day traders bringing volume to the markets?..

I dont remember the details

cm69

#14     Jan 30, 2007

5. daytraders are ants. They were refering to financing activity in London and Asia.

#15     Jan 30, 2007
  6. You didn't know this could happen before you started?

#16     Jan 30, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

20 years ago (when I started) we had different problems. :cool:

#17     Jan 30, 2007
  8. sulli

sulli

haha, good answer joab... all class :cool:

#18     Jan 30, 2007
  9. Nice group" - Joab December 19, 2006 4:10 PM

TUCO trading
    Quote & Execution Speed 5
    Range of Services 4
    Training & Tech Support 5
    Commissions & Fees 5
    Overall Reliability 5
    "Friendly shop and nice guys"

hey joab------- care to refresh your glowing recap of tuco trading?

#19     Jan 30, 2007
  10. There are some people that only trade 12 times a year. Mainly NFP or non-farm payrolls, and in bond futures or forex.

These two markets are the only two that runaway more likely then others on news. Equity markets back n fill even during nfp.

By only trading moments in time that are optimal, you have effectively taken away market exposure during those times your not in.

So if your stop loss is 1% on a trade in those markets, and you leave the trade alone after it develops. And close the trade at the end of the day EOD. At the most you can expect to loose 12% on the year on equity.

But the profit potential can be pretty huge on these days. You can beat the indexes year over year.

So if you want a less stressful approach, identify those days that will likely have a good deal of volatility. And stay out of days that arent optimal.

But most people who even have a modicum of success, will be watching the markets most everyday and trading. But not with the same size as other days.

#20     Jan 30, 2007