I'm basic and have a question about CL

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Nostradamus357, Nov 7, 2010.

1. this is cute thread....

you're evidently way too experienced to be asking these basic questions...

when other traders see threads like this the alerts and antenae go wild with look for the sales pitch, because its coming at some time during the thread

the answer to your questions are

try it based on the variables you propose ($9,900 account and trying to make $400 daily) and let us know what you achieved.

surprising how many people think they're actually helping you with their answers

this thread is cute

#21     Nov 9, 2010
  2. pcp198

pcp198

Nostradamus, there's no harm in asking questions, but if you didn't already know the answers, I hope your not planning to trade with live funds anytime soon.

CL like ES is a deep market; meaning if you know what your doing you can scale up your size with little or no slippage, but it also means your trading against big players who will than likely clean out your trading account.

I spent many months developing a strategy to trade the /ES, I did months of research until I thought i finally had it figured out. My first trade felt great, 3 points profit.. that was the last time my account was green.

Natural Gas futures /NG might be a better choice, its a smaller market than /CL but slightly less correlated to the SP500 index than oil and gold and still offers lots of leverage.

#22     Nov 9, 2010

3. the masterfading is in the quality of the platform...eh? if one wants to masterfade, they need the right tools.

and I bought a rabbit hutch with the 100$

#23     Nov 10, 2010
  4. today's action was kinda lame on the report eh? you guys scared me away from my strategy!

#24     Nov 10, 2010
  5. Question for /CL pros?

If I have $25K and I'm trading 18 contracts at a time on intraday margin, what would I owe my broker on interest for using that margin?

I have read the warnings from the pros here about maxing intraday margins, but, there is a possibility of a profit to be made, correct? The dollar amount in the profit or losses would be similar. If I made $360 profit on a 0.02 cent move then I could also lose $360 on a 0.02 move against me correct, or could the losses be more?

Also, do sizes like 18 contracts draw market makers to trigger your trail stops, anybody experienced this? I read a thread here where someone said its real but wasn't sure if this dude was being paranoid.

Thank you Elite Trader nation, my first post. I hope to learn, and trade for a long time.

#25     Nov 10, 2010
  6. Nostradamus357

If the gestation period is 30 days and an average litter is 10 and selling at $5.00 / $6.00lb at 10 weeks at 5lb ea.

I suggest you buy more $100.00 hutches:cool: and save yourself a warren of grief & frustration

#26     Nov 10, 2010
  7. ashantt

ashantt

Crude Man, I don't think you should worry about trail stop hunters, if they existed it would be for huge contracts such as 50 and above.

#27     Nov 10, 2010
  8. Are you serious? you can get a move of 30 to 40 cents consistently? Damn! That's some serious skill.

#28     Nov 10, 2010
  9. spd

spd

Sometimes its a non-event. Sometimes price will run against you a buck in a matter of seconds.

#29     Nov 10, 2010
  10. ashantt

ashantt

or for you! but you probably wouldn't have the cojones to ride it up so fast.

#30     Nov 10, 2010