I'm at step 0 regarding systems.

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rainmonkey, May 29, 2011.

1. I know many of you guys love the TS platform. This is great, it works for you. However, if it were not able to answer the questions that you had, if you had the passion for trading that I have, you would think MUCH DIFFERENTLY of it.

I have no intention of bashing any product, my intention is to tell you that most of them were not developed "outside the box". That's why you have so many 3rd party vendors. They are all the same, just different ways of getting to the same results. Most of them weren't developed for day trading. They couldn't answer my questions, so I pursued my own path. I honestly would hope that if anyone wanted to trade and they had questions they wanted answers to such as, WHAT IF I DID IT DIFFERENTLY, that they would not give up so easily. I was told 7 years ago by an owner of a hedge fund that I was crazy as hell to think I could even develop a computer program to trade for me. He said he had spent thousands and thousands of dollars and it couldn't be done. (If I told you the entire story behind this, you would think I was crazy for even pursuing this as it was mind-boggling to say the least). I developed my platform originally based on a particular trader and his methodology and he also wrote within the past few years that it couldn't be done. Let's just say, my goal was to prove both of them wrong.

#61     Jun 9, 2011
  2. for us pedestrian traders, walk forward testing is as good as it gets. honestly, i wouldn't even know what questions to ask of the system.

some believe that building a better mouse trap, a bigger trading account, a better looking spouse, faster computer, better technology, will make them a better trader?

#62     Jun 9, 2011
  3. Taking the human element out of the equation is the first step to developing a system.

#63     Jun 9, 2011