I'm a victim of serious online fraud at brokerage

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jck_2378, May 28, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

i am neither an attorney or a Savant.

#51     May 28, 2006
  2. mhashe

mhashe

I agree. Have the story printed in a local rag, send them a copy and tell them you're planning on talking to some national media next. Then watch how fast TD gets this resolved. Brokers hate to make public information like this.... fear of loss of future customers.

More interestingly, how did the hackers get access to your account # and passwd? I'm assuming you have a habit of browsing fringe websites on the same pc you trade with.....probably one of these sites downloaded a keylogger/trojan onto your HD.

#52     May 28, 2006
  3. too bad that we dont have a securities lawyer in this board, maybe we shud hire 1, eh[?]

#53     May 28, 2006
  4. With over 9,000 posts and averaging 8 per day, you MUST know what you are talking about.

lol

#54     May 28, 2006
  5. I had a problem like this once and followed my own advice. It was not nearly the amount of money though.

Even after it took only a phone call...I could see that it was fixed...but guess what? I still sent the certified letter dictating the conversation and what was discussed in case it would be needed by my attorney.

I did not make any trades in my account as it would get very confusing. Why would I reverse someone elses trade on my account?...I simply would request that my account be frozen in the certified letter, until a resolution could be decided....

Now tell me what is wrong with this advice?

Michael B.

#55     May 28, 2006
  6. I challenge anybody even a securities lawyer, why a trader cannot protect his position BEFORE he drives to his lawyers office.

Michael B.

#56     May 28, 2006
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Electric Circus:

Why are you giving legal advice, if you are clearly not a lawyer or resident of Canada?

Get that post count up bro!

#57     May 28, 2006
  8. what is a Surdo? if its a name who would name their kid that!

What did item three say in my advice...please will someone read it out loud...

#58     May 28, 2006
  9. He's going for 10+ a day average.

#59     May 28, 2006
  10. nbates

nbates

hmm...exit position or don't exit position, seems like 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other.

My suspicion is if you gave the question to 12 different Lawyers, you might even get a 50-50 split on which one is the correct answer.

-lol

#60     May 28, 2006