I'm a victim of serious online fraud at brokerage

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jck_2378, May 28, 2006.

1. Fighter

Fighter

I lost what you said. Could you explain further? I thought I lag a lot on this topic. Do you talk about public key?

I use passward anytime when I log in TWS directly. I dont have that kind device.

#141     Jun 7, 2006
  2. ids

ids

3. Fighter

Fighter

Gees. If I don't see this service, withdraw related to fraud is only in my imagination. Honestly, I dont know it before.

I am shocked how worse customers account in financial institutes expose to risk of fraud.

Any one know this type of fraud related to withdraw?

What my knowledge is people using paypa linked to their bank account. The hacker broke paypal and stole money from bank account. I read on the news years ago.

It remind me of Citi bank in oversea. It has to sign registration of where money go before you want to transfer money out. Registration must be done in the branch.

Financial institutes can do a lot of things to provent from online fraud in addtion to AV software type of thing. It is sad that they dont do much committiment on their valued customers.

I see that IB is vulneroble to withdraw ralated to fraud. It is easy
    to transfer money out to anywhere doing online.

I think ST* is not wise thing to do. To protect fraud withdraw, you can register what institutes money go and information only changed by phone. It protect hackers to withdraw money out of others accounts. What easy way! IB need some inteligence definitely.

Just thoughts and feeling. If not proper, just forget about it.

#143     Jun 7, 2006
  4. Fighter

Fighter

I see that IB is vulneroble to withdraw ralated to fraud. It is easy
    to transfer money out to anywhere doing online.

I think STP is not wise thing to do in term of protecting withdraw exposed to fraud. To protect fraud withdraw, you can register what institutes money go and information only changed by phone. It provent hackers from withdrawing money out of others accounts. What easy way! Why IB come out STP thing?

IB expose ones who has less $100,000 to high risk to withdraw fraud.

Why IB rather choose STP than easy way?

#144     Jun 7, 2006
  5. Fighter

Fighter

Quote from WmWaster:
    Use visual keyboard. Change location frequently.
    Type your password in random order by mouse.
    Type wrong characters in random, deleted by mouse "

Inspired from above, my 8 charts password randomly store in a string of 16 charts or even longer if you want. When log in, I copy past a string of 16 charts to the field of password. Next, I use mouse highlight and backspace to delete the charts I dont want and keep only password in the field.

Do keylogger still can figure out what password is?

#145     Jun 7, 2006
  6. Hey,
    That is probably the number one thing most people fear. Identity Theft. If they had access to you TD a/c maybe it would be wise to check out all your bank a/c's and credit cards. I would definatly contact the SEC, NASD, FBI and even your local police. AND as other's said, get an attorney. But this seems to be a rather serious fraud case, that I have never heard of for online brokerages. TD must cooperate with you, make them cooperate you, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL NEWS STATION....that will wake them up. Or, maybe it's a mistake that they made. Just a possibility. But if you don't contact the SEC, NASD, FBI and/or police, TD I would imagine just sit on their asses and do nothing. Good luck. keep us posted on what happens to maybe help someone else down the road to help prevent this.

#146     Jun 8, 2006
  7. Fighter

Fighter

Paypal customer sue paypal in USA court. I read on a news
    several years ago. A customer in Paypal got stolen from bank linked to paypal or paypal account because of internet fraud.

Obviously paypal refuse to recover money lost due to fraud.
    The result in the news is court order paypal to recover the loss.
    But reality is what? I don't know.

To my experience several years ago in a major bank, I found
    there are more than 7 or 8 suspecious transactions in three days.
    All transactions link to Internet sale.

I reported to bank immedially to frozen the account. At the same time, I went to the branch. The branch official treat me like daily routing. She refuse me to do anything and say that we dont do anything because a lot of people doing internet purchase.

I told them I never do activity online sale using bank account.
    After I insist, she agree to help me to call the number that some transaction provided. After called, she told me they agree to refund me back. But for other rest, I have to wait bank investigation and I went through all paper works. Finally, bank
    recover my loss face value but nothing else more. The loss is only several hundred in three days at time found. But experience is so bad and fear and feel helpless.

Now I realized that the incident is not bank system mess. I became a victim of Internet fraud. I still cannot figure out how it could happen.

I feel bank is not safe place used to be.

#147     Jun 8, 2006