I'm a remote futures algo trader seeking backing/prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by elcowen, Jul 11, 2018.

1. sle

sle

If you are taking the hypothesis route, you start with a prior (e.g. Trumps tweets have a bearish effect on the market) and establish it's statistical significance. After that step you already know if you have alpha and have some clue about how to trade it.

It does not mean that every idea that has alpha will end up as a trading strategy either, since you can find that's hard to monetize. The parameters start coming in once you embark on transforming your hypothesis into a trading strategy. If you know your "kraft", these parameters are very benign and your should have fairly stable response curves to them.

I have no idea who he is, to be honest, but he does not seem to have a Bloomberg account :confused:

#21     Jul 11, 2018
  2. You should change the title of this thread to :
    I'm a remote futures algo sim-trader

#22     Jul 12, 2018
    traderob and comagnum like this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

stress test monte carlo simulation will pretty much destroy most systems. when you can pass that test say around 50k iterations then you can call yourself a systems developer. also i guess you understand the fallacy of bouncing ticks, look inside bar, limit stops, floor, ceiling and many other pitfalls that give false results in backtesting?

#23     Jul 14, 2018
  4. #24     Jul 15, 2018
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

So they are connected to a Futures CTA company

https://mastenlojko.com/

https://mastenlojko.com/futures

Performance posted here

http://autumngold.com/Advisor/cta_profile.php?id=115035

They need to hire me as a principle and I will come save their ass from a total train wreck they are headed to. Check out the trend line of the monthly returns since inception at the bottom of the performance page.

They want to teach you to trade LOL and then if you earn you get funded. Would bore my ass to death having to listen to someone half my age try and teach me to trade. It's like a teenager trying to lecture their parents about life experiences, when they have none themselves yet.

Their FaceBook page says

https://www.facebook.com/earn2trade/

Become a professional trader in four months. OMG WTF

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    #25     Jul 15, 2018
    traderob likes this.
  6. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

Hi Mark, I recognize your opinion but want to clarify some points. Let me start by giving the required disclaimer,
    PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS.

First about the CTA, without going to much into it for regulatory reasons. You can't just look at the trendline of monthly returns as anyone who has been in the business long enough knows that there will be periods of drawdowns and lower returns. We went for months without a single losing day, have 8 out of 10 profitable months, and did a 16.29% return in the 4 months we were formed in 2017. 2018 has been a tricky year for most CTA's but we are still outperforming the leading CTA index by 3x. In May, we also won an award for our performance. Being an emerging manager that only formed in September of 2017, already managing $2.4M in customer assets and having a profitable track record, I'm pretty happy. Not to mention our clients are happy. Trading public funds is completely different than trading your own funds. There are so many hurdles and things you don't have as a retail trader.

Regarding Earn2Trade, no one is required to complete our course. If someone believes they have what it takes to pass The Gauntlet™, they can go straight for that. My 15+ years of trading experience may not be as many as some others but I've accomplished a lot. It's not about someones age or about how many years doing something that matters. It's about how someone learns from their experiences, their dedication and drive. We believe with our education and mentoring, that it's entirely possible to learn and pass our Gauntlet (which means becoming a professional prop trader) within a 4 month period.

I looked you up and it looks like your experience is mainly with software and algo/HFT. You have a pretty amazing experience in that regard. Congratulations on all you've accomplished! I've also been in software a great part of my life so I'm not about turning away talent. If you really believe you can offer something of benefit, feel free to reach out to me directly regarding the CTA as we are about to launch some of our own algorithms, or try your hand at The Gauntlet™. We'd be happy to see how your algorithms perform!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    #26     Jul 15, 2018
    coplii and Illini Trader like this.
  7. Bottom line is that if you pass the 60 day Gauntlet simulation test with a 10% return you are guaranteed money to trade and you get 80% of the profits with the tax advantage pass through. That is what the thread starter is looking for. He has a good system but no money to trade it.

#27     Jul 15, 2018
    Earn2Trade-Ryan likes this.
  8. sle

sle

You are paying 360 dollars (IRC) to enroll in a paper-trading screen. What AUM are guaranteed if you pass it and what are the conditions under which they'd pull it?

#28     Jul 15, 2018
  9. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

Hey Secret Santa, it’s the prop firms money not Earn2Trades or any public funds. They typically give a starting amount of $10,000 to $25,000 although a trader can request increases whenever they want and can get up to $1M. There is a long thread with a lot of details here: https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/earn-2-trade-the-gauntlet.322385/. We also have a sample offer on our website, https://www.earn2trade.com/gauntlet (click on how much capital will be made available). You can see the person had a huge drawdown and poor risk management on their sim trading but still passed and got funded by the prop firm.

#29     Jul 15, 2018
    coplii likes this.