I'm 75% short, $100K

Discussion in 'Trading' started by newestmember, Jan 9, 2004.

1. I've positioned myself 75% short the Nasdaq.

I believe today/Monday marks the top and I'm willing to bet the farm, which is exactly what I've done.

January 9th, 2004

2. Well, traits of a good trader include the courage to act on one's convictions and independent thought!

Good luck!

3. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

okay... and how long do you plan on being short??? whats your timeframe and target???

4. I assume that if we close higher at any point after Monday that you will cover?

5. I'm going stop out at $39.50 on the QQQs (I'm short 2600)....

It's hard to believe no one else is taking money off the table here, much less going short.

6. I can't see anything that causes me to think that this is the top (unless you're talking just a short-term top). But maybe you're seeing something I'm not -- or maybe you're just guessing.

7. I can see taking money off the table. The market always has unexpected EVENT risk -- even if the trend is strong.

8. I also think this is a short term top but I sure as heck aint putting any money on it, yet.

9. monkey

monkey

If it doesn't work out, you can blame IB like you always do, so it's a win-win for you.

10. ElCubano

ElCubano

im short 37.49 3000.....and will add if need be....but i have lost my ass trying to catch the top recently...

#10     Jan 9, 2004