Illinois Stops Paying Its Bills, but Can’t Stop Digging Hole

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SomeYoungGuy, Jul 3, 2010.

1. First of all, the Controller is saying they can't do it due to technology (yes, he should be fired - probably charged with something).

Second, once a budget is approved (and it could be a bad budget), those poor state employees will get FULL back pay.

JJacksET4

#11     Jul 4, 2010
  2. Not to mention, there aren't very many jobs in Chicago. I mean, there /are/, but for entry-level people it's extremely competitive right now. The illegals (Poles, Mexicans) have taken up the sort of jobs people without jobs would have defaulted back on in times of stress. The local economy is total garbage.

#12     Jul 4, 2010
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Liberals can't basically do the math. They just start a fight about how the rich have a lot and the poor should have something and they tax everybody... there is no hope for anything sorting itself out anytime, ever, if people can't do the math.

WIN =Work Is Nonprofit, they tax you out of existence and expect your wife to work to pay the tax bill, they just can't do the math... so learn to trade, earn as much or as little as you like and enjoy. I live with wonderful Gal Pal, she brings me an organic meal three times a day and I have almost no income at all, why should I work all day when a little effort in the morning pays the bills? I'm relaxing and doing autotrading research and i've never been happier...

#13     Jul 4, 2010
  4. The part that kills me is where they think making your wife work means empowerment for her.

#14     Jul 4, 2010
  5. TGregg

TGregg

Jeffery Hart wrote an article for the WSJ about the sexual revolution and how men won. . . or women lost, anyway. Can't find it though.

#15     Jul 4, 2010
  6. clacy

clacy

Ain't that the truth.... Women now have to work AND put in most of the work raising the family and caring for the home.

#16     Jul 4, 2010
  7. The Democrat governor of Illinois gave raises to his staff.

#17     Jul 6, 2010
  8. bone

bone

The occasional Republican governor means nothing - Illinois government, local and statewide, is and always has been completely controlled by the Democratic Party. This is really a national case study on how the Democratic Party Platform is doomed to fail: buying votes from people who don't pay taxes and making sure that government employees have platinum-plated salaries and benefits reaches a point of no return - and Illinois has reached that point. A CPA told me that the average state employee in Illinois has the equivalent of a $2M 401K plan when you look at forward obligations. There is a Niles township education administrator who will retire with a $345K annual pension.

Lived here since 1985. Just lovin' it.

#18     Jul 6, 2010
  9. chiang should be fired for refusing the order.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/02/minimum-wage-for-californ_n_633446.html

"He(chiang) has taken in more than $190,000 in campaign contributions from labor groups representing state employees and other unionized workers so far in his 2010 re-election bid. Those donations accounted for about 22 percent of all his contributions, according to campaign reports through May 22."

#19     Jul 6, 2010