Illinois set to pass Forced Confiscation of All Semiautos

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Jan 3, 2013.

1. I would say it will never happen, but then it is Illinois we're talking about. I think it's a good thing that the heavy hand of government is really starting to show itself in all areas of our life. Until it touches everybody the general population will just go along. The unwashed masses need to see that rule under the Dear Leader isn't going to be the panacea they were hoping for.

#11     Jan 3, 2013
  2. achilles28

achilles28

The Feinstein bill is backdoor confiscation. The ATF and Local/State police have to okay every semi-auto grandfather, based on "case by case assessment". It's pure bullshit!

Her and Cuomo said forced buybacks were an option.

#12     Jan 3, 2013
  3. ktm

ktm

Ummm... Yes.

#13     Jan 3, 2013
  4. ktm

ktm

from Section C)

"(c) This Section does not apply to a person who possessed a
    weapon or attachment prohibited by subsection (b) before
    January 1, 2014, provided that the person has provided proof of
    ownership, his or her name, and other identifying information
    to the Department of State Police, as required by the
    Department, within 90 days after January 1, 2014."

The way I read it is that you can keep .50 cals and high capacity stuff and whatever else you own prior to 1/1/14 provided you register the stuff.

After that, you can't get any new ones. But it looks like you could still buy and legally possess a Glock 9mm semi auto provided the clip capacity was 10 rounds or less.

There's some contradictory text and the gun lobby summary has more rhetoric than facts based on the text of the bill. Sounds like fear mongering to me.

I live in Virginia for a reason. They would never even dream of proposing some crap like that. Even next door in MD is a liberal nightmare of a state.

#14     Jan 3, 2013
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Makes sense to me, 10 9mm rounds is plenty to protect almost against anything.

#15     Jan 3, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

NOT according to your fellow ET gun control proponents it's not.

#16     Jan 3, 2013
  7. I agree 10 rounds hitting each and every target should suffice.

#17     Jan 3, 2013
  8. BSAM

BSAM

GUN CONTROL IS COMING TO YOUR TOWN.

#18     Jan 3, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

My town ALREADY has it, and so does everyone else. I'll be all too happy if looney nut cases like you stay out of my town though.

#19     Jan 3, 2013
  10. I see dead people:D :D

#20     Jan 3, 2013