Illinois -- Collapse to come

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the1, Oct 26, 2010.

1. the1

the1

Illinois, with the largest unfunded pension and health care liability among U.S. states, is a “poster child” for municipalities that have borrowed money to cover up budget deficits without addressing spending issues, said R. Eden Martin, president of the committee. Since the U.S. economy went into a recession in 2007 the $2.8 trillion municipal bond market has been a “slow-motion collapse of a very large building,” as cities and states borrowed, Martin said.

‘Collapse’ To Come

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...risis-draining-state-services-group-says.html

2. Oh don't worry. This wll all be rectified in the next bailout.

3. E-Mail News Alerts
    Get breaking news and daily headlines.

Browse all e-mail newsletters
    Related To Story

Nevada Voters Complain Of Problems At Polls
    Clark County Insists Election Fraud-Free

POSTED: 9:49 pm PDT October 25, 2010
    UPDATED: 2:39 pm PDT October 26, 2010

facebookdel.icio.usbuzzdiggreddit›› Email›› PrintLAS VEGAS -- Some voters in Boulder City complained on Monday that their ballot had been cast before they went to the polls, raising questions about Clark County's electronic voting machines.

Voter Joyce Ferrara said when they went to vote for Republican Sharron Angle, her Democratic opponent, Sen. Harry Reid's name was already checked.

Ferrara said she wasn't alone in her voting experience. She said her husband and several others voting at the same time all had the same thing happen.

"Something's not right," Ferrara said. "One person that's a fluke. Two, that's strange. But several within a five minute period of time -- that's wrong."

And if Nevada is any sign of what is about to happen during the election where the DEMS pull the rabbit outa the hat to keep controll over congress, IL will be up in Flames worse than the Chicago great fire as the Revolution Begins. Steal Those Votes you fucking scumbag Liberals.

Also, I have no sympathy for IL. I loved living in Chicago but the IL people voted their own Death. Way to go BLUE STATES!

4. S2007S

S2007S

I would not even worry about the states, if they can bail out an entire country a state means absolutely nothing, they throw it a few billion and everything is back to normal. There is absolutely no reason to worry about anything moving forward about what state needs this or that, its covered, bubble ben bernanke and friends have enough trillions to bail out the world going forward. QE2 is coming, QE3 will follow and so forth.

5. nltro

nltro

Don't worry.... Be happy.....

Whaddyathink about the fact that the Illinois treasurer, Mr. Alexi Giannoulias and his brothers George and Demitri collectively snatched 100 MILLION dollars from the coffers of their "Broadway Bank" as the lending binge of 2005-2007 had ended and they saw the writing on the wall? That translated into a 400 MILLION DOLLAR loss absorbed in 2010 by the FDIC.

Whaddyathink about the fact that the Illinois treasurer, Mr. Alexi Giannoulias and his brothers George and Demitri lent 10s of MILLIONS of dollars to convicted mobsters, racketeers, bookmakers, prostitution leaders and the like?

Whaddyathink about the fact that the Illinois treasurer, Mr. Alexi Giannoulias has put the state of Illinois in the WORST FINANCIAL CONDITION EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE STATE?

Wanna know what I think? Alexi for US Senate!!!!! Booya!!!!

6. pspr

pspr

It's only money and money does grow on trees. Well, on the Bernanke printing press, anyway.

7. Actually it's as simple as adding a '0' in an excel spreadsheet. The debit card is the greatest invention of the 20th century.., perhaps the millennia.

8. the1

the1

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/51DrDmDOnBk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/51DrDmDOnBk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

9. mokwit

mokwit

I agree with all the above posters, no need to worry yourselves silly over something that can be fixed with a few computer bytes translating to a few more zeroes. the miracle of modern technology.

10. ammo

ammo

i dont know about the rest of the states but here in I ll., the only thing advertised is the opponents faults, none of the candidates are giving you a reason to vote for them,just reasons not to vote for the opponent

#10     Oct 26, 2010