Illegal immigrants

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jerry11901, Aug 17, 2007.

1. i understand what your saying but all they are taking are the minimum wage jobs. also a lot of them have fake social security numbers which they do pay taxes on.

why don t our lawmakers play by the rules and not spend our tax dollars on sweetheart deals to their friends.
    FYI I am a true republican voting for Ron Paul. who is against illegal immigration. my point is concentrate on the bigger picture.

#11     Aug 18, 2007
  2. reg

reg

I had posted this in another thread about the effects of cheap labor that contributed to the destabilization and eventual fall of Rome. For the modern version, substitute "cheap labor" with "illegal immigrant labor" and "Rome" with "U.S.A.".

"The mass influx of slaves during this time period first was a sign of great wealth and power, but later destabilized an already fragile Roman class system. Farms originally run by small business families throughout Italy were soon gobbled up and replaced by enormous slave run plantations owned by the aristocratic elite. Cheap slave labor replaced work for the common man and the roles of the unemployed massive grew to epidemic proportions. These issues had a great destabilizing effect on the social system which had a direct role in the demise of the Republic. As the rift between Senatorial elite (optimates) and social reformers (populares) grew, the use of the unemployed, landless, yet citizen mobs were an overwhelming ploy grinding away at the ability of the Senate to govern. Though there are many factors involved in the Fall of the Republic, slavery and its effects rippled throughout every aspect of that turbulent time period."

http://www.unrv.com/culture/roman-slavery.php

I say this is too high a price to pay just so we can avail ourselves of cheap veggies, don't you think?

#12     Aug 18, 2007
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Add in how much illegals drove up real estate in some areas and the picture shifts to one where they actually added value overall. Yes, they buy real estate and get FHA loans even. Most of my neighbors speak spanish, they drove up real estate prices in the Antelope Valley tremendously, maybe 50,000 houses times $100,000... that's 5 billion to the good in a small fraction of LA county.

Personally I think it sucks, and always thought it sucked that the stupid US could not police it's borders. I've been aware of it for decades in Southern California, so long now that I just don't care any more..... I just speak spanish basically, I get very cheap food at a Mexican store, great service at a few local restaurants [if not great food]. Why am I going to get all up in arms if our bullshit leaders can't /won't do their job? I'd say they are going to continue to not do their jobs regardless of anything else they might say.

#13     Aug 19, 2007
  4. the job argument is hilarious. this country was born 10 years ago when the illegals came here to save us? the USA stumbled through its first 200+ years. hilarious.

ill sum this thread up for everyone so we can stop before the personal attacks begin. the pro-immigration people will not discuss facts(they cant), they will paints the illegal as noble and vital to USA survival be all liberal PC; while those arguing for secure borders and controlled immigration will be painted as racists.

just an example: it costs +/-$8,000/year per student here in Cali. a family of 6, with dad working as minimum wage earns maybe $18,000 per year, so the kids cost $32,000 for education and thats before the Section-8 housing assistance (basically free), free lunch, medical etc. there is no way a 10-cent savings or whatever on a Taco Bell taco is recaptured.

so it goes right back to an earlier post - cheap labor isnt cheap. the only reason it has gone rthis far is that both political parties see an expanding political base to pander to... thats it!

there are perhaps 25MM illegals here - they are gonna stay... our f-ed up govt sent a visa to one of the 9/11 hijackers after the attack (guy was obviously deceased and well-known), so there is no way they are gonna deport millions of illegals. we should begin to control immigration (timeout), secure or borders and work to naturalize the families already here. as it sits now, we have a whole class of our population in limbo; many working under the table or being exploited.

mexico is going down the tubes anyway, so it is doubly important to secure or borders. when Cantrell really depletes in earnest, mex will have to import oil, rather than exporting. that will crater the country - there is lots of money in mexico, the problem is that only a few control most of it. aftr the revolution, that will change

#14     Aug 19, 2007
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Thank you. Please keep posting.

#15     Aug 19, 2007
  6. djxput

djxput

thanks for the info Dirk

We need a president thats going to make this a priority - lock teh borders down - least the mexican side. And start deporting.
    If they dont want to deport make them go through the whole process and fingerprint etc ...

#16     Aug 19, 2007
  7. atozcom

atozcom

Given any chance any real slave would have left if the master is not watching!!!

Why are new illegal alien "slaves" keep coming across an International border? Why are the deported slaves keep coming back? Why are these slaves from another country come voluntarily and acted as it they like it here and want to stay here?
    We do we keep the illegal alien slaves? They can live anywhere they want!!!

As least they are free ranch slaves!!! Don't be stupid, they are not slaves.

#17     Aug 19, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

I've watched the Mexicans take over. They always are the noble oppresed minority until they finally take over and then they are smart enough to keep a low profile. They will complain that the pta meeting is not in their language, get interpreters, get elected to the leadership.... and hold the meetings in spanish!! Racism on the job does not apply if you are working for them, one white chick I know was a waitress, she had to go to a meeting on her day off, and it was all in spanish, and she got fired for not conforming to what was said pretty much.

If there was the possibility of an elected official that would actually stick up for legal americans I would vote for him. It is just not going to be a democrat or republican and that makes it a hard uphill battle for said candidate because the bought and paid for mainstream politicians are good at keeping everybody else out of the debate. They've had other candidates arrested on trumped up charges even, ask Alan Keys about that one...

I think that the main reason mexican work so hard is the environment in mexico, there is no welfare at all. You don't work, things spiral downward, so they are scared, and in touch with economic realities. Our american brothers and sisters are once removed from reality, and many love to bleed the welfare system as well, and that equals laziness. I've seen crippled up, old mexicans that will just dig in and do some work, and with a smile, it's life or death with them...

#18     Aug 19, 2007
  9. Cesko

Cesko

......Our american brothers and sisters are once removed from reality,.....
    Once people are denied experience of "having to survive on their own" they get dumb real real fast. Lots of them are very well educated.

#19     Aug 19, 2007
  10. dcvtss

dcvtss

CBU-89 Gator Mine. I'm not kidding.

#20     Aug 19, 2007