Illegal fringe benefit for illegal immigrants

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucrum, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

http://www.askheritage.org/should-i...tm_content=2011-12-09&utm_campaign=2011_Brand

"Today, 12 states allow individuals who are in the United States illegally to pay the same in-state tuition rates as legal residents of the state without providing the same rates to others in the country who are here legally. And those states are doing it in direct contravention of federal law.

In a new paper, Heritage’s Hans von Spakovsky and Charles Stimson explain that in 1996, Congress passed–and President Bill Clinton signed into law–the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act. Under Section 1623 of the law, state colleges and universities are prohibited from providing in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens “on the basis of residence within the State” unless the same in-state rates are offered to all citizens of the United States.

“By circumventing the requirements of § 1623 these states are violating federal law, and the legal arguments offered to justify such actions are untenable, no matter what other policy arguments are offered in their defense,” von Spakovsky and Stimson write. Which states are on the list? The offenders include California, Texas, New York, Utah, Washington, Oklahoma, Illinois, Kansas, New Mexico, Nebraska, Maryland, and Connecticut.

Despite these violations, the federal government is doing nothing about it, all while the Justice Department has brought action against Arizona and Alabama for assisting in the enforcement of federal immigration law..."

It's not news but it does make my blood boil every time I hear about it.

2. Ditto.

Our greedy politicos are a greater threat to America than the Soviet Union ever was.

:mad: :mad:

3. Quite a few red states on that list:D

4. Greedy Republican politicos..

5. pspr

pspr

We need a real Attorney General who will defend the laws of the United States and not just his and Obama's agenda. Holder needs to go and the laws of this country need to be defended and applied.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Roughly half of them, depending on which red/blue state map you use. And there are many differing maps. Wrong is wrong moron. I don't care who's "team" is doing it. It's still fucking wrong.

7. Some one who blindly follows Obama cannot comprehend your statement.:)