Illegal aliens! Go to California - best deals on college education!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Why don't we just invite every poor child in latin america to move here and go to school in california. After all, it's not their fault they are poor.

We can give them free health care too.

I'm sure the taxpayers of other states won't have a problem with subsidizing it all either, since California no longer can afford it.

I was once opposed, but seeing the gratitude in their faces as they marched with mexican flags to demand an end to immigration laws and to hear the stirring rhetoric of Presidente Calderon as he denounced the state of Arizona standing next to a smiling obama changed my mind.

#11     Nov 15, 2010
  2. What pisses me off, to be blunt, is when in-state illegals get in-state tuition and out of state American Citizens pay higher rates. That's BS!

The irony of the situation is that we force highly educated immigrant students to go home, after their studies are done, and we look the other way at the surplus of low skilled labor, whom are a net drain economically.

#12     Nov 15, 2010
  3. No it isn't their fault. The fault is of the parents, and shame on the parents for putting their children in such a situation...

#13     Nov 15, 2010
  4. I understand, and agree. However, there are also two OTHER kinds of latinos in the US; legal and illegal. We're in a horrible recession. We don't have enough jobs and resources to go around for our own people. It's not in our interest to be allowing latinos in en masse, mexican or otherwise. You make a fine point, but at the moment, it's irrelevant.

It also doesn't help their cause in the public theater that the drug smuggling cartels are almost 100% latino, and that latinos commit violent crimes at 4x the rate that the american majority does... I am, however, aware that the legal immigration system is a bitch to navigate, very expensive, and almost impossible to complete without a high dollar corporate sponsor or a nuclear physics phd, unless you have a family/spousal sponsor. Yes, I think that should be modified, but right now, it's not the most pressing issue.

#14     Nov 15, 2010
  5. Well the parents are primarily responsible for them, not the US taxpayers.

Does anyone know that repatriated US dollars to Mexico is their third largest source of GDP, when I last checked 3 years ago. Mexico has no motivation to fix the problem.

This problem is very fixable, no one has the will currently to do it. Republicans want cheap slave labor and Democrats want a new voting base.

Some solutions to the problem of illegal immigration

1. Mandatory E Verify. 2 Stiff penalties for employers who hire illegals. 3 Put troops on the border, and shoot to kill cartel members if the engage our troops 4. Legalize/Decriminalize Marijuana 5. Admit that we have all been guilty, hiring illegals to mow our lawn wash dishes, etc. 6. Realize that we will have to take a cut in lifestyle to to rid ourselves of illegals. Ready to pay 20% more for some good and services?

#15     Nov 15, 2010
  6. I agree. Also need to legalize more than just marijuana IMO. Many jobs will be created in the business of cultivating, processing, shipping, selling, inspecting drugs, as well as all the government revenue from the taxation. It would be huge. The only ones who would lose out would be the drug enforcement thugs and drug cartel thugs, also the prison industry...

#16     Nov 15, 2010
  7. What really got me passionate about decriminalization was when I went to Europe, specifically Amsterdam and the red light district was pretty safe, not what it was made out to be by Reagan and the DEA. Furthermore, under mandatory minimum federal drug sentencing guidelines some drug dealers spend more time than sex offenders. That is simply outrageous! It cost minimum 24k to incarcerate someone. Lastly, how can we have a war on drug when the CIA runs drugs as well to fund some of their black ops? Talk about hypocrisy.

Of course this would take away some of the motive to run drugs across the border. Prohibition didn't work. It just mad Al Capone rich.

#17     Nov 15, 2010
  8. Where are you going to deport them to?

Lets talk about the Irish McShane Kids who have been here since they were 2.
    Never have visited Ireland... Kids now 22, graduated but during a routine background check turns out his family documents were not in order.

What about the Russian orphans who were adopted by Americans illegally?

If you want to focus on Mexicans than disallow migrant farm worker visas.

What you fail to realize is the need to enter this country has diminished. Immigration Visa are down and americans are immigrating to other countries for jobs and economic opportunities.

Why worry about individuals when our problem is really foreign corporations. They can simply hire an attorney as their registered agent, setup a corp... commit fraud and crimes and walk away virtually untraceable.

I'm hearing a bunch of whining over $10 / hour workers when we are being pawned by Foreign interests who enjoy all of our benefits while sucking out cash and contributing nothing.

#18     Nov 15, 2010
  9. Wherever they came from. Russian adoptees are not an issue. The russian government continues to monitor all russian adoptees after they are adopted by American families. There aren't very many russian adoptions, and "illegal" ones are so infrequent that they aren't a meaningful issue. It's fucking absurd to compare the isolated cases of Irish immigrants and the few botched russian adoptions to millions upon millions of illegal latino immigrants.

That was a comically poor attempt at a diversion... LOL!!

Of course demand to enter the US has diminished, precisely because the supply(illegals) increased... That's not a mystery.. Of course immigration visas are down, real unemployment is about 15% i.e. NO JOBS, besides everyone now knows that if you DO want to come to the usa to work you generally DONT NEED TO BOTHER with an immigration visa.

Illegal immigration, and immigration policy in general is one of the most important issues facing America today. All we need to do is take one quick look at Europe to see what our future looks like. Let's learn from their mistakes...

#19     Nov 15, 2010
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Wherever they came from.

#20     Nov 16, 2010