Illegal aliens! Go to California - best deals on college education!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Nov 15, 2010.

1. the1

the1

Crazy. Illegals should not have access to the US education system at all.

2. The real question is when is Jerry going to call Obama for 1-800 Bailout?

People don't change until there is enough pain felt.

3. It is not uncommon for state universities to have internal programs that help illegals thwart immigration laws and get state funding.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Or anything else for that matter.

5. Ricter

Ricter

I'm not disagreeing, but technically the illegals have to have attended high school in CA for three years (which would establish residency for anyone) to get the resident tuition rate. I'd wager this is yet another business (the colleges) justification for the continued tolerance.

6. First, California is not the only state giving in state tuition rates to illegals or the children of illegals.

Second, I'm not against giving in-state tuition to the children of non citizens. However, I believe that it should be limited to those or the children of those here legally. If you have been here for 3 years legally with a valid H1b or H2b then I don't see a reason to deny resident tuition rates. However, if that is not the case,or ceases to be the case, they should have to apply for a student visa, and pay international tuition rates...

The cause of the illegal immigration problem lies in our poor border security, and refusal to repatriate illegals and otherwise enforce immigration laws. That being said our INS and border security make it so that actual tourists, with money, no longer want to come to the USA.

7. Until the Il is taking off the legal, it's still illegal.

8. Don't understand the angst at innocent children.
    These minors who are raised here regardless of circumstances should be made legal. They have no say or control over the conduct of their parents.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I disagree, they along with their illegal parents should be deported.

#10     Nov 15, 2010