I'll Try Analyze 5 Stock Charts

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ET70424, Dec 26, 2007.

1. ET70424

ET70424

This is my third Stock Chart Analysis. Two more left to go on this thread.

SEB (Seaboard Corp)

Stock closed at $1452, up $22 for the day (December 26, 2007).

However, after hours trading took the price up another $15.92 to $1,467.92

We have some potential, though modest, resistance at the $1,475 area or thereabouts. Thus some profit taking by short-term traders near or around that level cannot be ruled out or should be anticipated as a probable event, at least.

Should such profit taking take place, expect price correction to be modest, likely to be tempered by the potential support level at $1,400-$1,410 area, which appears more likely than not to hold against further drop.

The stock appears to be basing at an important juncture. Although there is even stronger price support at the $1,200 level, that level is not expected to be tested near-term. In fact the $1,400 support level should, more likely than not, be able to define the short-term bottom/support.

Regards.

#21     Dec 27, 2007
  2. ET70424

ET70424

You're welcome to present your stock analysis on this thread. In fact EVERYONE IS WELCOME to do so.

Some people don't like really long threads, that's why I said 5 stocks for me. I thought opening a different thread rather than continuing with a long thread could be more to the majority's liking.

I am willing to go along with the majority's preference, if I am mistaken.

Regards.

#22     Dec 27, 2007
  3. ET70424

ET70424

Just use it when it is/feels right.

And don't use it when it is/feels wrong. :)

Regards.

#23     Dec 27, 2007
  4. Very Good ET70424. Thank you for your your analysis.

infolode

#24     Dec 27, 2007
  5. Lets compare notes, you go first :D

LEH and ETFC

thanks

#25     Dec 27, 2007
  6. ET70424

ET70424

I had earlier said one stock per person, so I need to stick to that to be fair to everyone.

So, I'll analyze LEH. This will be the fourth stock chart analysis. I'll analyze just one more stock from another individual after this one, to complete my quota of 5 for this thread.

LEH (Lehman Brothers)
    Stock closed at $65.28, down $0.37 today (December 26, 2007).

After hours trading showed a further drop of another $0.37 to $64.91

The price chart shows significant price resistance near and above the $65.50 price level.

Near term, it is more likely than not that this $65.50 resistance level will not be overcome. This in turn means that a correction is likely from near or around the $65.50-$65.75 price level.

Given that expectation, the downside from the $65.50 resistance level needs to be assessed.

It is likely that the modest potential support level of $64 will be tested on a price downturn from current price levels.

However, the $64 support is not particularly strong, so that a break below it during the price downturn is probable, even rather likely.

If the $64 support level should fail, then the next support level is $63.50 which appears to be somewhat stronger.

If the $63.50 level fails to hold, then the price gap created on Friday, December 21, 2007 will likely be closed/filled on further price drop.

For the short-term, however, I expect a rebound, if not at or near the $64 level, then likely at the $63.50 level.

The closing of the price gap of Friday, December 21, 2007, should that to happen soon, appears to be more likely after a rebound from the $64 or $63.5 price levels has taken place first.

Therefore, a short-term price drop of about $2 to $63.5 or so is expected for LEH, or should be anticipated as rather likely, in the event of more downside movement, or failure to break above $65.50, before a comparatively-scaled price rebound or rally can take place.

In sum, the stock, LEH, currently appears to modestly favor the bears for the short-term, with downside of around $2 from current price levels being likely.

Regards.

#26     Dec 27, 2007
  7. ET70424, how about AUY

#27     Dec 27, 2007
  8. ET70424

ET70424

OK, your stock is the fifth and last one I'll analyze on this thread.

AUY (Yamana Gold)
    Closed at $12.90, unchanged (Dec. 26, 2007).

If you look at the price chart prior to December 6, 2007, you see that AUY is now in a congestion area, a price level where a lot of buying and selling took place in the past.

The current price level relative to the congestion price levels puts supply above demand, suggesting potential resistance.

Moreover, we've a price gap that was created at the open (of December 26, 2007 trading) which remains unfilled or unclosed. This means that we've a fairly good chance of seeing the gap closed or filled on a price downturn from current price levels of around $13 (or possibly somewhat higher).

But significant price support does not appear to begin until a drop to about $12.30

That price support at $12.30 appears rather weak, suggesting likelihood of a further drop below it to perhaps $12

Should the $12 level fail to hold, the next level is $11.60

The $11.60 support level is very strong, and should hold well to check any near-term price drop.

Thus our down side should be no lower than $11.60 and may be as high as $12.3, i.e. somewhere between those two prices.

If we take the average, we get fairly close to $12. Thus the most probable downside move is about $1 with about $0.3 deficiency or surplus, i.e. downside target can range from $12.3 to $11.6.

After that, some significant rally/rebound is probable, even likely.

I'll take a break. Stock chart analysis can be demanding mental work.

Regards.

#28     Dec 27, 2007
  9. Thanks

#29     Dec 27, 2007
  10. haha exactly.

#30     Dec 27, 2007