I'll Try Analyze 5 Stock Charts

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ET70424, Dec 26, 2007.

1. ggoyal

ggoyal

to all people who think this is funny, yall shoudl get the fuck outta here. this guy is trying to do something meaningful and yall just cant take it. i think most people like reading garbage(50%of ET) to just get a laugh. I wish the moderators were more strict about the topics that got posted here.

continue this thread author.

How about SCON. Im bullish on that one. seems good for a rally.

#11     Dec 27, 2007
  2. Put your stop below today's low.

6.36 is a buy (long if it breaks).

It's a bottom stock...these usually are tricky and even more difficult when they're selling shares.

What's your target on it?

#12     Dec 27, 2007
  3. Icarus5

Icarus5

Great analysis athlonmank8.

Now how about one of my old favorites MER. I used to use it as one of my benchmark tells for the bankers when trading the futs, now I just use the broad index.

It was hardest hit by the sub-prime mess (as we all know) ... so tell me what you see in your scrying ball for that one!

Tanks,

I

#13     Dec 27, 2007

4. LOL

#14     Dec 27, 2007
  5. Thanks. I actually dont mean to steal the light away from the original poster even though I was hostile as hell haha. I just thought his 5 stock maximum was kind of a joke.

MER's a similar play, however it's coming off a stronger base. I actually consider this neutral territory.

If I were to play it long, I would put the stop below today's OPEN (usually green candles are a pretty good basis for this when they coincide with another series of bottoms...you can see this on the chart from a few days ago). On a side note, it's similar to reading tape where once that area gets broken usually it will fall until it picks up more support. Moreover, since it's down here I would adjust position size for risk.

MER isn't selling stock like SCON ( to my knowledge) however it's a bit more beaten down than SCON. If I were to pick a side, I'd actually take a short once we retrace most of today's move.

But like I said before...as of right now neutral territory and any position should be risk-adjusted.

#15     Dec 27, 2007
  6. ET70424

ET70424

HOG (Harley-Davidson):

Closed at $47.99 up $0.72 today (Dec. 26, 2007).

There appears to be some resistance above the $48 level. Although the stock may well break above it, the upside is expected to be modest.

In any event, expect some upside struggle every $0.50 above $48, with $50 being an awesome resistance level, if it even gets there near term (i.e. expect significant sell-off at the $50 level).

However, if HOG fails to move much above $48 (much less nearing $50) in the next two days, then expect some correction to $47 or thereabouts, short-term.

The stock appears to be at a potentially sideways juncture, with neither substantial upside nor downside for the very short-term.

Presently, the targets (upside and downside) seems modest largely due to my tentative opinion that the stock is pretty much neutral or sideways short-tem, though with a slight to very modest downward bias.

Putting it differently, if I were to bet on whether HOG will more likely move up $1 or down $1, I would bet on the latter.

Consistent with the above analysis, I expect, using the $47.99 (or $48) price as the reference point, a more or less sideways movement in the coming days with a very modest downward bias of about 2% or approximately $1 or so.

There are times when charts do not suggest big moves or are not particularly clear as to direction. Right now, HOG seems to fall (at least for now, and temporarily) in that mode.

Regards.

#16     Dec 27, 2007
  7. AMEX:SEB

#17     Dec 27, 2007
  8. Enjoyed the analysis. ET. Was actually much better than I thought it was going to be.

Guys just remember...even though it's cheap, doesn't mean it's better (unless you're going long-term).

In fact, for trading it's usually exactly the opposite. Stocks trading at their highs usually continue and stocks trading at their lows usually continue until there is a catalyst for a change. Just how momo works.

#18     Dec 27, 2007
  9. ET70424

ET70424

SCON (Superconductor Technologies Inc)

Today's close: $6.17 (Dec. 26, 2007)

The stock appears to be basing. There appears to be modest resistance at the $6.50 level which will likely take at least a few days, possibly longer, to digest and overcome.

The stock appears to be fairly neutral with a slight upward bias, being bounded by the $6.50 barrier as aforesaid for the short-term.

There seems somewhat stronger support at the $5.9 level. So for the near term, the basing action of the price is expected to be between these two levels. Don't be surprised if, failing to break above $6.50 on a re-test of that level, the stock then dips below $6 to test the recent low made on Nov. 23, 2007 (i.e. the $5.90 level).

In conclusion, we have a fairly neutral (with slight upward bias) basing situation, for the near term.

Regards.

#19     Dec 27, 2007
  10. trade2eat

trade2eat

Thanks ET for the HOG analysis, much appreciated. I agree with “very modest downward bias.” It will be interesting to see how this stock behaves short term baring any significant external noise.

#20     Dec 27, 2007