I'll have McRat salad please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sioux, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Sioux

Sioux

SOMETHING ISNT QUITE RIGHT HERE..

02:04 PM CDT on Friday, October 27, 2006

By DEBRA DENNIS / The Dallas Morning News

A Dallas Cowboys coach, his wife and the family's nanny have sued a McDonald's owner, alleging they found a dead rat in a salad purchased at a Southlake restaurant.

MICHAEL AINSWORTH / DMN
    The lawsuit by Cowboys passing-game coordinator Todd Haley (left), shown earlier this season with players Drew Bledsoe and Terrell Owens, alleges his wife and family baby sitter found a rat in their McDonald's salad. The lawsuit, which seeks $1.7 million in damages, was filed Thursday in state district court on behalf of Cowboys passing-game coordinator Todd Haley, his wife, Christine Haley, and the family's live-in baby sitter, Kathryn Kelley.

"We tried to work this out," said Scott Casterline, a spokesman for the Haley family.

"We were forced to file a lawsuit. It's a tragic situation for any family to go through.

"Something has to be done to prevent this from ever happening again and to help these ladies to get over this."

Ken Lobato, owner-operator of the McDonald's, said he hadn't seen the litigation so he couldn't respond to the allegation.

"Nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our customers," he said. "We maintain the strictest quality standards. We take these matters seriously and are conducting a full investigation to get all the facts.

"In my years as an owner-operator, I've never seen anything like this," Mr. Lobato said.

DallasNews.com/Extra

See a copy of the lawsuit (.pdf)
    According to the lawsuit, Mrs. Haley and Ms. Kelley purchased a salad on June 5 at the drive-through of the McDonald's at 2155 W. Southlake Blvd.

They took the salad home, where both women ate part of it before a dead rodent – thought to be a juvenile roof rat – was uncovered.

The women called the Southlake McDonald's, and a manager came to the house to examine the salad.

The manager asked to take the salad and rat, but the women declined, the lawsuit says.

The women became severely ill and endured long-lasting physical injuries, the lawsuit says. Mrs. Haley, who was nursing, had to feed her baby formula.

"She got violently ill; she couldn't perform her duties as a mother," Mr. Casterline said of Mrs. Haley.

Both women say they suffered severe mental and physical pain and that their dining habits have been altered, the lawsuit says.

2. As nasty as the experience must have been is it really so tragic to HAVE to sue for over $1 million?

Also physical injuries?

3. Remember the finger in the Wendy's chili? Hilarious.

I'm not accusing them of filing b/c of false allegations. THis case seems to be much more credible.

As far as amount of damages, yeah that seems about right.

4. Sioux

Sioux

Certainly the defense will request a change of venue if it ever gets to trial ... A Dallas Cowboys coach getting an impartial jury in Southlake, Tx? UHH.. Not Likely

5. A live rat would be far more acceptable.

At least you'd know the food didnt kill it:D

6. But was the rat properly prepared, with the correct dessing? :p

Remember the "Chicken McNoggin?" :D

[​IMG]

7. Noooooooo.............

"It tastes like chicken":cool:

8. "Nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our customers,"

I wonder if he said this with a straight face. Nutrition 101 would be a good start for this clown.

This case should be dismissed based on one glaring fact. People who eat at McDonalds don't care about their health.

If this rat bothers them so much they should take a closer look at what's in their McDeath burger.