Ill billionaire plays poor to get free medicine

Discussion in 'Economics' started by WallStWhizKid, Nov 28, 2009.

1. A billionaire suffering from cancer forged documents to prove he was poor so that he could avail of free medicine from a charity for years in Zhejiang province.

Chen Youxing, 60, owns a number of real estate projects across the country. He has at least two villas, with more than 10 luxury cars parked in their driveways.

In 2003, after being diagnosed with cancer, Chen asked his son Chen Feng, a resident of Qiangtou village in Shaoxing, who inherited his father's company, to file an application for him at a charity, which provides free medicines to the poor.

The medicines were otherwise setting Chen back by a whopping 20,000 yuan ($2,950) a month.

According to the forged documents, Chen had no medical insurance and had an annual income of no more than 28,000 yuan. Chen's application for free medicine was approved.

However, when Chen's neighbors found out he had been cheating to avail of charity, they informed the organization, which recently revoked all further goodwill for the real estate giant.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/life/2009-11/25/content_9045203.htm

2. Rich people can be some of the stingiest cheapest tight wads......

3. Lethn

Lethn

Someone explain to me how the fuck you can buy 10 luxury cars even with that amount of money?

4. wifes mothers parents were millionaires yet used bras and clothes from goodwill for my wifes mother all thru childhood and teenage years-stingy was the mother of my wifes mom

5. he was obviously not a billionaire, otherwise this would never had happened, seriously, who are you quoting? oh right, the chinese version of the national enquirer

6. Fractal

Fractal

reading comprehension.

7. AK100

AK100

Asia is all about showing off.

This is why many will drive a nice car but live in a shithole.

Everyone sees you driving the nice car, but nobody knows where you live.

A code for morons if ever there was one.

8. That happens here just as much. Back when i lived in an apartment(not super luxury apartments either, just normal middle class apartments) i saw lots of people with fancy cars. One guy had a porsche, another had a hummer and it was just ridiculous to see these guys paying more for their car payment than for rent only to park these vehicles under a carport.

9. I have seen the same type of people buying groceries with food stamps leaving the store in their fur coat to pack them in an Escalade and driving off...:mad:

10. Easy solution. Tax the motherf*ckers.

#10     Nov 29, 2009