IL state income taxes to go up 75%?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Maverick74, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Stok

Stok

Texas is the best State in the Union!! Come on down, ya'll!!!

#41     Jan 7, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Illinois will now have the highest combined local/state/federal combined corporate tax in the developed world if this passes.

#42     Jan 7, 2011
  3. Bob111

Bob111

it's all great in FL and housing dirt cheap right now...but there is one little problem-no job for you and me. i hope you know the joke -don't mix tourism and immigration...

the florida is a decent state for a trader..healthy,young and profitable one...
    move to panama..same shit,even cheaper living+no taxes at all.

#43     Jan 7, 2011
  4. I sold a home in '06 before the price crash and have been a renter since. The problem is, when I sold that home, I did not have a family. Now, I do have a family, but am afraid if I "park" somewhere the property taxes and income taxes will make me a hostage to the powers that pull strings in government.

What's the solution? Moving to Indiana or Wisconsin? Or declaring residence in Texas or Florida somehow? And how is that maintainable? The government scrutinizes these residency games more now.

#44     Jan 8, 2011
  5. Do these people actually improve the flow of traffic? At all? I ask this to Chicagoans and they just sort of shrug it off.

#45     Jan 8, 2011
  6. Texas is the best State in the Union!! Come on down, ya'll!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Wow...slow your roll son! Texas is a great state but also has some ass backwards idiots and scum. So, lets not invite the whole damn state of IL.

Please, all those capitalist, freedom loving, and educated people come on down.

The rest of you liberal, progressive, scumbag, broke ass fools, freeloaders, "Gobment owe's me" thinking, from the land of Abe Lincon....stay your ass in Chicago.

#46     Jan 8, 2011
  7. Absolutely not, they are a safety hazard and usually incredibly rude. It is fake work created for certain, shall we say, "constituencies".

#47     Jan 8, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Mav, sorry to hear this. And a city bus driver making 70k??? Wow! I live in the south, and the city bus drivers here are in the 35-45k range, depending on time is service.

The thing that kills me about the blue states is the fact that they tee totally refuse to look at history, and what taxing business to death really does...

I have one for you that may aleviate some of the pain for a minute or two:

"A man was walking along the beach, picked up a lantern, rubbed it, and you guessed it, out pops the genie."

She tells him he can have one wish.

He tells her he wants to live forever.

Genie: "that's one wish I cannot grant.I'm not allowed."

Him: "ok. I want to live long enough to see the democrats pull their heads out of their asses."

Genie: "you crafty bastard you!"

Lol!! :)

#48     Jan 8, 2011
  9. Personally imho the southwest USA is the best to place overall if you ask me.

1. weather
    2. taxes
    3. property taxes
    4. how far the dollar goes for living expenses
    5. outdoor activities
    6. gorgeous women (Las Vegas and Scottsdale AZ are top notch)
    7. friendly people
    8. cheap enough living where you can visit NYC or SD all the time
    9. plenty of great places to eat, shop, resorts

my parents moved from Chicago not to long to Dallas,Texas about 5 years after my father retired. They have never been happier.

#49     Jan 8, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm...Has anyone else figured out that our various governments (fed, state, local) are out of control?

King George was a wimp compared to the thugs we have in control during these times.

#50     Jan 8, 2011