Ike is headed to New Orleans ladies...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by simon1080, Sep 6, 2008.

1. instead of doubting take 2 mins and look at the computer generated path at the national hurricane center!

#11     Sep 7, 2008
  2. MattF

MattF

[​IMG]

#12     Sep 7, 2008
  3. LOL, here's another map, the blue line has been the most right this year (gfdl) in terms of forecasts.

[​IMG]

#13     Sep 7, 2008
  4. I realize my comment was half-ass, as I was only half-serious.

I still say Ike will make a 90 degree right turn and hit Boca Raton, Florida, and destroy the house of a real asshole I know who lives there.

#14     Sep 7, 2008
  5. If cat 4 - 5 and goes on the path of the blue line..

Well.. thats going to take out alot of rigs!

#15     Sep 7, 2008
  6. :D ROFLMAO!! :D

#16     Sep 7, 2008
  7. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

I read somewhere, that we are now in a 20 year supercycle of above average hurricane weather.

I think we have about 15 years to go. So this may be business as usual.

If a CAT 5 hit N.O. that bowl will flood.

EF

#17     Sep 7, 2008
  8. This freakin Al Gore guy...

Jessus is every polician crooked?

He gets paid about a million and half for each speech he gives on global warming.. and his started a hedge fund with his buddies investing in "green" energy companies.. charging 30%.

The guy has become filthy rich since he suddenly started caring about the planet.

#18     Sep 7, 2008
  9. These huricane alerts remind me of probabilistic trading signals.

Eventually the people in New Orleans will get fed up of the alerts and not take the signal to leave. And then another one like Katrina will hit.

Just like a newbie trader pulls his protective stop after three or four whipsaws in a row only to see that small loss turn into a massive loser.

#19     Sep 7, 2008