Ignored Member

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by learner2007, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Every once in a while lately a thread's poster is shown as Ignored Member. But I don't have anyone on my ignore list. Would someone please tell me whose name is shown as the one who made the first reply just before Robert Morse. Thank you.
    IM.JPG

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017

2. That's just a new member's name, called "Ignored Member", whom you cannot technically ignore! :)

3. Thank you, but there is no post by Ignored Member in the thread. And a search for Ignored Member shows; The following members could not be found: Ignored Member.

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Log out of ET and then go back to the thread in question without logging into the forum. You'll be able to then determine what's going on.

I know a few years ago I had some individuals on my "ignore" list but Baron later changed their user name after they requested such a change instead of just closing their account and then requesting them to start a new user name.

I don't think too many people fall into that category and it may have only occurred as an experiment on Baron part.

5. Yes, thank you, doing as you suggested brought up the poster's name and his post. But I never put him on ignore and he still isn't on my ignore list. Oh well, mystery solved, thank you.

6. >wrbtrader
    I just thought to try and put him on my ignore list so that I could then unignore him. But the error message I get is that he is already on my ignore list. But as his name is not shown on the list I can't unignore him. Do you have a suggestion on how to unignore him?
    Thank you.

7. birzos

birzos

With 1,000 posts one would have thought you would just send a message to the mods to help, but that's sciolism for you.

8. And that is what the Feedback forum is for, isn't it? But at the same time if something can be answered by another member, that would save Baron's time, who certainly has more important matters at hand.

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I recommend contacting the Mods of this forum or Baron because it sounds like you may have a glitch in your ignore list...something that only they can fix.

Yet, I do know its difficult because some of them have their PM turned off...forcing you to use the feedback section. :(

10. OK, thanks anyway. Being in the Feedback forum I'm sure they'll take note.

#10     Jan 21, 2017